Another Cyclist dies at Bow Roundabout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
third collision in 1 hour

martint235

Dog on a bike
This is getting silly now. I'm not sure what can be done but surely Boris and TfL must recognise that something has to be done and soon.

As an aside, looking at the picture on the ES page, I thought Bow Roundabout had a flyover rather than an underpass?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This is getting silly now. I'm not sure what can be done but surely Boris and TfL must recognise that something has to be done and soon.

As an aside, looking at the picture on the ES page, I thought Bow Roundabout had a flyover rather than an underpass?
It has both.
Screen+shot+2012-01-12+at+09.29.40.png

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Whilst the report lacks significant details, the police have already decided not to take any action against the driver, even though he was on a hands free phone and failed to indicate? Surely careless driving as a minimum?

Davidsw8

I see someone also got hurt on Millbank by Thorney Street yesterday, I notice there's a blue cycle superhighway wotsit there. Fat lot of good they seem to be!

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I see someone also got hurt on Millbank by Thorney Street yesterday, I notice there's a blue cycle superhighway wotsit there. Fat lot of good they seem to be!
That was this morning. Yesterday someone was injured in kennington on CS7 and someone died in Croydon. Another rider was also injured this morning on Vauxhall bridge. Less than a mile from the incident at millbank.

Davidsw8

That was this morning. Yesterday someone was injured in kennington on CS7 and someone died in Croydon. Another rider was also injured this morning on Vauxhall bridge. Less than a mile from the incident at millbank.

These incidents always make my blood run cold but these ones over the past few days are all routes that I cycle through regularly and it's really starting to get to me now.

I wonder if there's something more than can be done other than these protest rides as no one appears to be listening? Boris is focused on those superhighways and segregation but the problem is so much bigger than those solutions. I'm drafting a letter to various people (Boris, my MP etc.) but not sure what good it can do...

My thoughts go out to to the friends and relatives of the dead cyclist and a get well to the injured.
It's almost like reading about a war zone in a third world country. The lack of respect, courtesy and care taken on the roads, particularly in London seems hardly credible.
After spending time cycling around the Netherlands, in comparison we are a third world country. I feel both sad and angry in equal parts.

Top Bottom