Another Cyclist dies at Bow Roundabout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
If they can't make it safe they need to provide an alternative route that is either low traffic or preferably no traffic. AFAIK (and I don't live in London) the Bow interchange is a bit of a choke point if you are trying to get into the centre from the East? A nearby cycle overpass / footbridge or a like underpass over the A12, that people could take as a safe alternative would solve the problem, but I suppose the simplest ideas are too complicated for our politicians/planners to grasp...

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Protesting against what?

There's a lot of issues here,not just bad layouts and dodgy cycle lanes.
Aggressive motor vehicle drivers. London is riddled with them.

Davidsw8

I don't know the area either but how do pedestrians negotiate this part of town? Maybe until this problem is sorted, anyone apprehensive could get off and use a pedestrian route just to get through. I know this isn't ideal and why should they walk when there's a road for them to cycle on but this place seems to be a deathtrap and I'd personally lose some moral high ground in order to preserve my safety.

I've gotten off my bike and walked it through the underpass on the south side of the Lambeth Bridge when it's been especially busy a few times now, that and the Vauxhall Bridge area are other parts of town that need some serious safety improvement.

albion

Guru
Couldn't give a fark could they?

Even a 'Severe danger of death' sign would help.
Some users simply don't know that the chance of it happening is too high to risk it.

subaqua

What’s the point
one alternative is still closed with a horrible diversion. Greenway to Victoria park

then use the route i do into the city and follow the roads parallel to the canal to the A10 then orsman road pitfield street murray grove micawber street . hopefully this link will show you http://www.strava.com/activities/94632103

RedRider

Pulling through
yet another tipper truck. This is getting way beyond coincidence.
i spoke to someone who witnessed the immediate aftermath today but I'll spare the details. they were not looking forward to cycling home via the roundabout. As per Ian's post up thread they mentioned how confusing the lights are.
just awful. Did anyone make it to the demo?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What route out of east London does fnrttc take when it goes to Southend?
DZ must have scouted a safe route, albeit after midnight reduces the traffic volumes.

Top Bottom