Another cyclist down in Edinburgh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
What comments are you objecting to @flake99please? I read the comments carefully and could only see one troll at work, who was immediately called out.

Apologies for misunderstanding. Troll (singular) and their comment, rather the trolls. Irrespective of the calling out of said comment, I still find it sickening that someone could ‘celebrate’ someone’s death in these circumstances.

alicat

Legendary Member
Yes, I too find it sickening. However I take heart from the fact that a few people immediately called her out and reported her. That weighs more with me than one individual who has lost her sense of humanity.

U

User6179

RIP

Cyclist named following fatal collision in Edinburgh Published 14:26

Police in Edinburgh can confirm that the cyclist who died following a collision in Portobello was 40-year-old Stuart Elliott.

stuart-elliott.jpg
Emergency services were called to Sir Harry Lauder Road, at the junction with Portobello High Street, around 10.05am on Wednesday 13th March after Stuart's bicycle was involved in a collision with a lorry.

Stuart, who lived in Edinburgh, was sadly pronounced dead at the scene by the Scottish Ambulance Service.

Local road closures and a nearby diversion were put in place and were fully lifted by 3.30pm.

Stuart's family have released the following statement through Police Scotland: "Stuart was a PhD Student at Edinburgh University studying innovative approaches to violence prevention in humanitarian settings.

"His partner and family would like to thank the emergency services, members of the public and an off-duty policeman for their time and efforts at the scene.

"Stuart’s death has come as a complete shock and the family are devastated. He will be greatly missed by family, friends and university students old and new."

An investigation by Edinburgh's Road Policing Unit to establish the full circumstances surrounding this collision remains underway.

Anyone who witnessed this, or who has information which may be relevant, and has not yet contacted police is urged to call 101 and quote incident number 1001 of 13th March 2019.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
RIP

Cyclist named following fatal collision in Edinburgh Published 14:26

Police in Edinburgh can confirm that the cyclist who died following a collision in Portobello was 40-year-old Stuart Elliott.

View attachment 457575 Emergency services were called to Sir Harry Lauder Road, at the junction with Portobello High Street, around 10.05am on Wednesday 13th March after Stuart's bicycle was involved in a collision with a lorry.

Stuart, who lived in Edinburgh, was sadly pronounced dead at the scene by the Scottish Ambulance Service.

Local road closures and a nearby diversion were put in place and were fully lifted by 3.30pm.

Stuart's family have released the following statement through Police Scotland: "Stuart was a PhD Student at Edinburgh University studying innovative approaches to violence prevention in humanitarian settings.

"His partner and family would like to thank the emergency services, members of the public and an off-duty policeman for their time and efforts at the scene.

"Stuart’s death has come as a complete shock and the family are devastated. He will be greatly missed by family, friends and university students old and new."

An investigation by Edinburgh's Road Policing Unit to establish the full circumstances surrounding this collision remains underway.

Anyone who witnessed this, or who has information which may be relevant, and has not yet contacted police is urged to call 101 and quote incident number 1001 of 13th March 2019.
Obviously the like was for the information.

Top Bottom