Another cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Just seen this in the local news online. Dont think ive seen it on here. Apologises if so.

http://www.stainesnews.co.uk/staine...es-after-collision-in-staines-54472-24018459/

Its a road I take all the time and is dangerous. Narrow, fast and an inadequate cycle path.

I saw the helecopter on Friday night but thought nothing of it as always see them around here and I was going the other way.

Did see the appeal sign last night, but again, didnt know what for. Seem's not a HGV this time, but another female, none the less.

Really hurts when it is so close to home.

Rest in peace.

50mph road? What's the bets they don't stick to 50mph?

peanut

drivers never signal to vehicles behind when over taking anything these days especially cyclists. Why is that ? it only takes a flick of the wrist the bluddy lever goes back by itself .

So often you can be driving along behind some car or van which suddenly pulls out without warning and overtakes a bike.

You are then faced with doing a sudden stop or ploughing through a narrow gap squeezing the cyclist into the kerb.

I'm going to stick my neck out here but in my observations based on an average annual mileage of 30,000 + miles I see that it is women drivers in the majority of cases that do not slow down to pass,or give way and do not use their indicators when manoevering.

I'm happy to prove my assertion by a field test of the first 100 male drivers and the first 100 female drivers passing a parked car without signalling or giving way to oncoming traffic:angry:

However we are all as guilty as each other in this respect.
Give way to oncoming traffic and signal when passing cyclists

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Why does that police sign say "accident here" ? instead of "fatal incident here".

An accident implies a minor inconsequential event that couldn't really be avoided, instead of an enormous life-shattering incident that could.

OP
OP
Davywalnuts

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
upsidedown said:
Why does that police sign say "accident here" ? instead of "fatal incident here".

An accident implies a minor inconsequential event that couldn't really be avoided, instead of an enormous life-shattering incident that could.

This is the same Police who pulled me over for travelling 10 meters of a pedestrian high st on my bike late one evening... albeit, my office is on the pedestrian high st.. 10 meters into it.. when no one was around.. but that, is another topic... Either way, enquiring into it, Spelthorne Borough council, the local authority were under here, is not cycle friendly.. and the quality of the roads are ridiculous.. I think, in the past few years, you can count on both hands the amount of fatalites in a square mile of the Cooket Billet roundabout, just off from where the fatality happened.. Am surprised there is not more as there are loads of those tipper drivers flying about as we have a quary here too...

Top Bottom