Another extortionate way to profiteering.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
On your numbers:
600p for 190g = 3.16p/g in a jar
450p for 150g = 3.0p/g in a refill pack

3 ÷ 3.16 = 0.95

Ie the refill pack is 5% cheaper per g of coffee

No the numbers weren't intended to be highly accurate, just a rough guess to illustrate, the jar was probably 6.50 on reflection.. I used the cost per 100g figure in the small print on the shelf to make the purchase decision. 😁

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Having read through this, and looking to buy at the cheaper end of the market, is making me wonder if I have no chance. I am hoping the lunacy hasn’t reached my preferred bit of Norfolk or Lincs, but it’s all very depressing.

tyred

Legendary Member
I must admit buying property seems to be a very stressful business. Estate agents say one thing and do something else or prove uncontactable.

I had verbally agreed to buy a new build one bedroom apartment last month and was making arrangements to pay the deposit and for a minor change of spec as for some reason the bathroom had a bath but no shower so I asked for a shower to be fitted.

Then I got an email from the estate agent saying the building firm had taken the apartments all of the market as they had sold the lot to a single buyer.

Yesterday I got an email from the estate agents saying the apartments were available again if I was still interested. I said I was. Now the price has gone up by fifteen thousand.

Further to that, the agreed annual maintenance fee has increased by a factor of four and they want two thousand extra to install my shower.

Now with the price increase and the increased maintenance fee it would cost more than a three bedroom house in suburbs. :sad:

Top Bottom