another F@@@ S@@@ CRAP moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
"you're wrong but i'm not going to give anything to back up my statement, you are just wrong" :laugh:

The point I was responding to was equally poor in quality. You gave than one a pass, for some reason.

Kookas

Über Member
The point I was responding to was equally poor in quality. You gave than one a pass, for some reason.

You're the one trying to make a point, so you're the one who has to argue it. No-one else has to say a thing until you actually make an argument.

Jezston

Über Member
Welcome back Ricky1980. It is not always like this, but it can be and there is sometimes a good reason for the constructive criticism.

A lot of really not constructive at all criticism on this thread, Boris - it quickly turned into a spitefest with the same few regular faces all amusing themselves and each other by slagging off the OP as happens so often on this forum, and it puts a lot of people off posting here.

I wouldn't call any of these comments 'constructive'.

You spent all that time arsing about with editing the vid. Spend the time working out what you should be doing on the road.
Another vid for Gaz's stupid cyclists episodes. You got yourself into that, there wasn't space.
I'd sell the camera and spend a part of the proceeds on a copy of the Highway Code.
Keep cycling like that and you will be the proud owner of your very own Darwin Award
The OP has been very quiet, and the only ones blaming the driver are the two kids on here.

Saw another kid ride up the inside of a left turning lorry this lunch. Lorry was indicating, I pulled up 2-3 cars behind, bloody student (on a quality cannondale) goes up inside, between lorry and railings. Fortunately the driver slammed on at the last minute. The student on a bike carried on.

I thought about having a word, but no point arguing with an idiot. Riding like that he won't last long.

Driver's don't always look in their mirrors, and aren't really looking for an idiot to come up inside them when indicating FACT. The words 'but the driver should have looked' when you are six feet under don't mean alot !

Stay safe and don't ride like a nobber.

Next time, don't cycle like a plank! There's a big difference between aggressive riding and stupidity.
I am giving this thread an award - just for you OP.

View attachment 22585

I assumed the topic subject was the OP's assessment of his own cycling...

I wish this forum would be more of the 'fun and friendly' place it's supposed to be, and I wish the moderators would set better examples.

400bhp

Guru

Passive agressive:rolleyes:

A lot of really not constructive at all criticism on this thread, Boris - it quickly turned into a spitefest with the same few regular faces all amusing themselves and each other by slagging off the OP as happens so often on this forum, and it puts a lot of people off posting here.

I wouldn't call any of these comments 'constructive'.

I wish this forum would be more of the 'fun and friendly' place it's supposed to be, and I wish the moderators would set better examples.

Well... I thought there was a lot of constructve criticism in the thread.

Amusingly (or not) the comment you quoted about selling the camera and using the money to buy a copy of the HC was mine. I thought (perhaps wrongly) that it was appropriate and that it was nestled in with other constructive comments and an admission that I'd made exactly the same mistake in my youth and still carry the scar.

These pages can carry quite beastly and visceral responses from some members, but the OP here had ridden unwisely, blamed his near-misfortune on another and posted it for all the World to see, including the identifying mark of the other party's vehicle. As a cyclist, this sort of self-appointed Internet vigilantism makes me feel slightly nauseous.

The lack of constructive attitude may not lie only with the miscreants you identify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom