Another Fatality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's a sub-class of people now who don't care a toss about driving licences, MOTs or insurance and will just drive whatever they can beg steal or borrow. There are so few Police on patrol now that they'll get away with it for a long time before they trigger an ANPR camera in a patrol car. A lot of the cars are drug dealers' pool cars, which are stolen, so they care even less.

There's a farm near me where I've seen the farmer rebuilding her walls twice. The last time I stopped for a chat she explained that the crashes usually happen at night and the occupants always run away.

Last edited:

ozboz

Guru
Really upsetting story, this has been on my mind all evening , alcohol and or drugs and legging it , dirty t—-t , justice must be served , but as we all know it doesn’t mean naff all to the poor sod and his family,
gutted , totally gutted , dear me ,

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nearly 4 years to get to this point ?

I lose track of the years, but as a late 2019 case I suppose this one smacked full on into Covid, which did hit hard a criminal justice system which was already under pressure.

There may be other legal stuff in the trial process which has contributed to the delay.

Whatever has happened, the time from charge to trial is way too long.

tom73

Guru
Mrs 73 remembers him well nice to see her report and samples taken helping to prove the state he was in.
Her statements are pretty water tight pleas have been known to change when they see them.
All credit to the officer in charge of the case she said he was determined to get the case to court.

Jameshow

Veteran
There's a sub-class of people now who don't care a toss about driving licences, MOTs or insurance and will just drive whatever they can beg steal or borrow. There are so few Police on patrol now that they'll get away with it for a long time before they trigger an ANPR camera in a patrol car. A lot of the cars are drug dealers' pool cars, which are stolen, so they care even less.

There's a farm near me where I've seen the farmer rebuilding her walls twice. The last time I stopped for a chat she explained that the crashes usually happen at night and the occupants always run away.

Sometimes they don't run away....

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I really need to stop reading stories like this. I'm just filled with rage and sorrow pretty much in equal measure.

My guess is he'll change his plea to 'guilty' for everything except the 'death by dangerous driving ' charge to avoid a long sentence, and this will be accepted. Jail for 2-3 years instead of 5-8.

Credit to those persisting with the case.

Slick

Guru
My guess is he'll change his plea to 'guilty' for everything except the 'death by dangerous driving ' charge to avoid a long sentence, and this will be accepted. Jail for 2-3 years instead of 5-8.

Sounds about right.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Hopefully, the CPS will have the guts to pursue a trial on death by dangerous driving. I doubt it, but, we can always hope.

Or just stop cycling on public roads!!

Public roads, or 'the King's Highway' are - by definition - PUBLIC.
So no member of the public who is a legal user, whether cyclist, walker, wheelchair user, horserider, or even the driver of a coach-and-four or a covered wagon, should be feeling endangered by using them.
Rather, it needs more of us non-motorised users to use them, and more often.

Top Bottom