Another feeling old thread - pre-decimal currency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Long gone, but not forgotten.....for us old farts

D

Deleted member 1258

Number two all over for me, at 65 my hair is growing as fast as it was when I was a young whippersnapper. As for the currancy, I remember getting my change in decimal currancy for the first time from the works canteen, also getting a shilling pocket money and having to save sixpence of it.

postman

Legendary Member
Night out on a ten bob note.Mind you i am 67.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
...I remember getting my change in decimal currancy for the first time from the works canteen, also getting a shilling pocket money and having to save sixpence of it.

My first memories are being taught the new currency at primary school and finding out that the plastic coins we were taught with worked in the bubblegum machine outside my local newsagents^_^

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
My first memories are being taught the new currency at primary school and finding out that the plastic coins we were taught with worked in the bubblegum machine outside my local newsagents^_^

And being sent out to the ice cream van with a handful of old pennies and half pennies which I suspect my Dad had found down the back of the settee, only to be told by the man serving that they were "out of date":blush:

Top Bottom