Another great day of cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
Been making the most of this great weather and rode 70 miles today (Saturday)
I even got sunburnt and that's saying something for late September here in Wales. After a weeks work in a mundane job, even just one good day of cycling feels like you've had a holiday.Ive seen so much on my travels that it feels like I've had a weeks worth sight seeing. And the great thing about it, is that it's cost me virtually nothing to do.. A couple of stops for food and drink and that's it. I came across many cyclists along the way were we had a brief chat about ourselves. Its great after seeing them, to find them later on, on strava and find out there route of the day and engage in some chit chat on the stava platform . The only thing that put a black cloud on todays ride was a strange random clicking noise coming from the bike. Trying to track it down was nigh impossible but i think its coming from the rear wheel. Its got a slight play in it to which im constantly nipping up the adjustment. Tomorrow gives some wet weather so i will once again re adjust it as well as do some other basic maintenance. Saturday evening i wondered down to the local pub for a chill out beer but i felt so knackered i came home early and chilled out in front of the tv with the cat to keep me company.
This morning (Saturday again) i begrudgingly had to use the car and what a horrible experience it was. As the weather was good the roads were clogged solid with motorist heading to the coast. It felt like i was in the"rat race" being stuck in the car and couldn't wait to get home and get the bike out and feel free. Having a good ride on the bike is infinitely more rewarding than driving in the car. You can stop were you want and totally appreciate your surroundings so much better. You save your self a packet on fuel costs and can use those isolated roads were no driver would ever go. The roads and cars have now reached saturation point were driving is now not a pleasant experience and many people are now turning to alternative modes of transport like cycling. Cycling is only going to get more popular because of this in the coming year's and that can only be for the better for us.
Anyway enough of my waffle and have yourselves a great day of what's left of the weekend :=)))

Last edited:
Good morning,

Give it a few more years and we will all be saying went for a drive today and it was a real pleasure to get off the bike and avoid the bunches of cyclists and the continual stream of triathletes and sportive riders that now fill the country lanes! :-)

A couple of weekends ago I ended up on an event of some sort's route for a few miles, until I realised it wasn't just a bit busy and I went off in a different direction.

I tend to ride short distances moderately fast so I was overtaking as well as being overtaken and it was surprisingly like driving on the motorway.

As I have a preference for very early morning riding I suspect that I will be safe for the next few decades.

Bye

Ian

Good morning,

As you can see;

IMG_0512.JPG

There is not much to see. :-)

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom