Another Great Ride - Well Apart From A Farmer!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G2EWS

As I could not ride to the office today, I went out this evening and rode a mixture of off and on road, total 12.8 miles. The most I have done!

Choose my route very carefully and downloaded it to the Garmin Edge 800. But for the life of me I could not see the route on the display. Ended up going up a steep hill then had to climb over two gates.

Farmer was waiting in his tractor and I just rode up and asked if I had come up the wrong path. The other was about 5 M to my left!

He ranted and raved, 'we are fed up with your lot'. So I apologised and explained that I had made a mistake. He carried on!

So I said, 'have you never made a mistake', he carried on and I said it again. He then explained that a byway is not allowed to have a locked gate. So I replied, 'I studied law for 7 years, but it is some time since I read that bit, so no I didn't realise'. Again I apologised!

He carried on! So in the end I just asked again, 'have you never made a mistake'.

'Well obviously not as bad as yours'!

So I told him that he was a mean person and didn't even have the decency to accept that I had apologised and admitted my mistake. Perhaps you should be saying, alright, but be more careful next time.

At that point he told me to pxxs off and I repeated he was a mean man and rode away!

Apart from that it was a great ride and I really enjoyed it!

Regards

Chris

Presuming you are quoting your conversation as it actually happened you are a far more polite and understanding human being than I am.

Pauluk

MossCommuter said:
Remind me of this when I climb over the fence and wander uninvited through your office
Chris didn't climb over a fence and it's not the same thing, Chris made a simple mistake and admitted it. No excuse for the farmer's attitude. I'd would have told him to **** off.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
If you climbed the gate and stumbled into my office then the armed police would drag you away before I had any chance to be pleasant to you :smile:

Top Bottom