Another lamentable local rag 'story'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Well seeing as most cyclist own a car, what does that say about the cost of tea bags.

That would be the Mr Hocking who has been banned from operating HGVs because of a long history of criminality, unsafe vehicles and illegal drivers. Road safety advice from him is like child rearing advice from Jimmy Savile.

KneesUp

Guru
That would be the Mr Hocking who has been banned from operating HGVs because of a long history of criminality, unsafe vehicles and illegal drivers. Road safety advice from him is like child rearing advice from Jimmy Savile.
I dunno - is it this one? It's not than unusual a name, so it could be a coincidence.

July 2003
SOURCE
Motor Transport;7/3/2003, p24
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Reports on the decision of British Traffic commissioner David Dixon to revoke the campaign of William C. Hockin to keep its O-license for trucks and trailers. Event that triggered Dixon to make the decision; Falsification of tachograph charts within William; Severity of the failure of the company to hand over tachograph charts.

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/10431245/hockin-given-two-months-close

Same middle initial though it looks like.

Ern1e

Über Member
I must admit that at first reading the article the man had a point ! Yes you can just walk in to a bike shop purchase a machine walk out get on and ride of into the sunset untrained etc, maybe this needs to be changed perhapse. Idid the cycling proficensy thing as a seven year old then at seventeen took up the two wheeled beasts with engines on after passing a test to do so, and then a few years later and a few lessons and another test for the four wheeled contraptions.So Mr. Hocking after numerous years and miles of driving once again I am back to where I started and I would consider myself to be a "GOOD" cyclist I try to keep out of the way of vehicles where possible,stop at redlights,wear a helmet and hi viz gear so that at least I hope to be seen and be safe, so perhaps he should get on a bike and go try out some of the drivers out there he could just get a bloody big shock !!!!

Top Bottom