Another mouth to feed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where's the cute kitten photos? My job is stressful sometimes, I NEED cute kitten photos! :cry: Otherwise, I'll end up as sad as

I photographed these two delightful troublemakers for the Ely CP website... Macey (tortie) and Madison (blue)... :wub:

NR1F5441.jpg

I'm tempted, but Lexi wouldn't be happy with a new addition. :sad: Besides, these two sisters have to stay together...

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the little terror, its like a black cat with brown tortoiseshell pattern .........
20190825_112538.jpg

the little terror, its like a black cat with brown tortoiseshell pattern ......... View attachment 481919

It's a black kitten.

What you're seeing in the sunshine are the "ghost" tabby markings.

Every cat is genetically a tabby, but selfs - like your black kitten - have the agouti gene (the one that makes a tabby cat stripey/ spotty etc) turned off. Doesn't stop you seeing the tabby pattern in the right light though. Also, black cats have a tendency to go "rusty" in strong light.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've got a large garden. But both will come in to poop. :wacko: If caught short they will piddle outside, but the tray is the preferred location given the chance.
Hehe, mine was the same, then I had to buy him a new box, identical to the old one, same litter inside.
He refused to use it, even when it was snowing outside.
So after a few months I gave the brand new box to my neighburgh upstairs, she's got 3 indoors.

Mrs M

Guru
1A34A7C8-E13C-4BF2-9EF5-6DE2F6B4A72E.jpeg
F184F407-8847-44FE-AFF8-EFCA368375E2.jpeg
I photographed these two delightful troublemakers for the Ely CP website... Macey (tortie) and Madison (blue)... :wub:

View attachment 481914

I'm tempted, but Lexi wouldn't be happy with a new addition. :sad: Besides, these two sisters have to stay together...
We thought Thomas wouldn’t like a friend :sad: rescue boy who’d been through a hard time, low confidence, etc.
Came to us via SPCA specified as an only cat.
Back to them 4 years later for a wee pal for him and they agreed it was ok :okay:
Thomas and Sam get on very well, they like a good play fight and chase and Sam knows to back down when “the boss” says enough!

Hehe, mine was the same, then I had to buy him a new box, identical to the old one, same litter inside.
He refused to use it, even when it was snowing outside.
So after a few months I gave the brand new box to my neighburgh upstairs, she's got 3 indoors.

Cat logic.

Go figure... :scratch:

:giggle:

View attachment 482035 View attachment 482034
We thought Thomas wouldn’t like a friend :sad: rescue boy who’d been through a hard time, low confidence, etc.
Came to us via SPCA specified as an only cat.
Back to them 4 years later for a wee pal for him and they agreed it was ok :okay:
Thomas and Sam get on very well, they like a good play fight and chase and Sam knows to back down when “the boss” says enough!

Poppy and Lexi get on ok.

Trouble with Lexi is she came from a house where we removed 42 cats, and as the only neuter, she was right at the bottom of the pecking order. (Although she was the mother of the entire males in the house.)

So she likes to have everything HER way. Poppy has the size to back herself up - she's bigger and heavier by some margin - but there are times when Lexi will NOT share. We have a decent dynamic going on, but I get the feeling that Lexi would start to bully a new arrival given how pushy she can be.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
69A1F5B2-173D-4990-8195-93954FE17AE2.jpeg
This is Buffy a rescue cat who belonged to my older son who died suddenly in Aberdeen. Other son and family took her in but they have large daft dog who wants to play. Took about 6 months but they now have a strange relationship. Cat does not want to play so belt on the nose and emphatic eff off. Dog is very puzzled by this but it works.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looks like we will re home it elsewhere, our cat isnt getting on with it , kids are mithering it to much and ongoing costs mean overall as much as we would like to keep it i think it might be a bad idea .

Looks like we will re home it elsewhere, our cat isnt getting on with it , kids are mithering it to much and ongoing costs mean overall as much as we would like to keep it i think it might be a bad idea .

In that case, please get in touch with your local branch of CP. You can find their contact details via the website:

www.cats.org.uk

Just type your postcode into the relevant search and it will flag up your nearest branches.

That way, the kitten will be safe, neutered, vaccinated etc etc etc.

Top Bottom