Another new Hello from Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fordy5

Hello,

Stumbled on this forum yesterday and looks like a great hub for all things cycle related, hoping for some new bike advice but will post this separately.

I live very close to the A4174 ring road so has great access for rides around North Bristol & Bath. Have done a reasonable amount of riding on & off over the years but a lot more in the last few years. Currently commute to Cardiff (with the train as well) using a Specialized Crossroads hybrid. I've done the Action 100 Bristol/London ride 5 times and seriously considering one of their new routes through the Brecons this year.

Hoping to take advantage of a R2W scheme, hence looking for advice, and depending how it pans out I'll hopefully own a new road bike soon and am also considering doing some local sportives.

Rich

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Rich and welcome to CC :biggrin:

This is definitely a friendly place (usually :sad:) and I'm sure lots of people will be more than glad to advise you how to spend your money find the right bike for you. :biggrin:

There's a few members from around your neck of the woods on here as well

darthpaul

Whats an S between friends :evil:

Sharethan

Regular
New User

Hi People, I too have stumbled upon this site and I too hail from the south of Bristol. My cycling is fairly limited to a 12 mile daily commute and weekly rides in and around the south west of about 50 to 60 miles,but I am taking on my first Sportive (The Black Rat Challenge), Should be fun.

bauldbairn

Sharethan said:
Hi People, I too have stumbled upon this site and I too hail from the south of Bristol.

That's okay we won't hold it against you. :smile: - :angry:

It already sounds like you're enjoying your cycling and puting in plenty of miles.

Welcome to the CC forums by the way and all the best. :biggrin:

OP
OP
F

Fordy5

Appreciate the warm welcome.

Have just received the forms for the R2W scheme so hopefully can get this progressed relatively quickly - and then the new bike.

Sharethan - found a site lisiting a number of sportives and saw the listing for the Black Rat challenge, does look interesting. May consider it, depending on the above outcome and what training I might be able to get in.

Just joined tonight & from the Bristol possie too.

I'm certainly not the most experienced cyclist who'll reply to your post but with respect to your Ride-to-Work question I would offersome simple advice:-

- find out from your Employer what constraints will apply (typically £1K limit);
- often Companies engage a third-party company (eg:Cyclescheme Ltd) to administer the scheme and often this constrains what bike suppliers/shops you can select from.

Once you've got a handle on the basic constraints that will affect you - and you've decided on your budget - and you've given some thought on the sort of riding you will want to do - then post a thread asking for members' advice. You'll get more suggestions than you can shake a stick at!;)

Top Bottom