Another refugee from the demise of GCN+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xarquer

Hi everyone. I just joined CycleChat after sulking for the entire winter after GCN+ refunded my subscription and everything went silent! As someone who lives in a remote mountain location in Spain, I really enjoyed being part of an online cycling community and the sudden (shocking) disappearance of GCN+ was a real blow. For any who remember: I posted 'race commentary' as the iconic parody account "SHORN KELLY". Yes well, anyway, no more of that kind of iconic nonsense, Shorn. :-)

Hi. Welcome.

I don't know the GCN+ story, never heard of them, but I look forward to your humour entertaining us here.

OP
OP
Xarquer

Xarquer

the best bet i think is discovery plus

Thanks for the recommendation. I watched last month's racing on Eurosport but got completely irked by advertising interruptions every five minutes, so cancelled subscription. Now I'm just taking it as it comes, like watching Paris-Roubaix on the Spanish channel RTVE (free) today, then maybe won't bother subscribing to any pay channel until the Giro d'Italia. If they make bad decisions about the amount of advertising, they won't get my money. Simples. ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
the best bet i think is discovery plus
Costs a lot for not much more than the free Eurosport 1 German channel. A real backwards step from GCN ( and I write that as not a fan of it).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Costs a lot for not much more than the free Eurosport 1 German channel. A real backwards step from GCN ( and I write that as not a fan of it).

i only subbed for one year to gcn, then just watched stuff on eurosport personally , i have discovery free with my tv package but on the tv ,I think the OP wasnt keen on eurosport though due to adverts ?

Alex321

Veteran
True, but still loads of ads in some disco+ highlights, from what little I've seen.

Yes, quite a lot of ads in their highlights programs, but none in the live coverage, including watching the live feed later.

I usually just watch the live feed later, with some judicious skipping.

Top Bottom