another newbe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

backinthesaddle

Hi :biggrin: currently riding a gt hybrid but the need for speed has taken over . Would love to hear from anyone who has turned to a racer . Been looking at different bikes but cannot decide shall i go for a good frame and not so go mechs or the other way round . oh looking at spending around £500 .thanks

postman

Legendary Member
A big welcome to you also today .

Your life will never be the same .

Bikes ,bikes ,bikes get saving one is never enough .

Hello and welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy cycling on a road bike - it's a whole new experience.
Wrt to recommendations for a new bike, I'll have a rifle thro some back-issues of Cycling Weekly who frequently do reviews of bikes in different price brackets. I'll post you back tomorrow!
I presume you haven't got the opportunity to acquire a new bike thro a cycle-to-work scheme?

Out side you range but worth looking at is the Boardman road bike for £699 on the Halfords web-site. Good frame (carbob-alu mix) and good groupset (Shimano 105).
Other favourite web-sites to get a feel for what you can get for your money are wiggle.co.uk, ribble.co.uk, planet X, chainreactions. Look at for previous years (ie: 2008 or 2009) models - sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

Get back to you tomorrow with any results from reviewing the mags.

Welcome aboard!

Top Bottom