Another Newbie from Dunfermline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Hi Guys and girls :hello:

My name is Colin, im 25 and from dunfermline, fife :biggrin: Got back into cycling around 2007/8 when my gf at the time bought me an apollo mountain bike (hated it) then i won a bike from halfords (Carrera Crossfire 2 Hybird) and enjoying using that alot more than the dam heavy mountain bike thing i had before.

Done pfs 3 times and also completed a cycle called Two Capitals 4 times which some from the area may have heard of, i can usually be found communting from Dunfermline to my work in Dalgety Bay atleast 2 times a week. Also doing Sportive dunfermline this sunday :smile:

Hope to get some advice and meet some of you soon :biggrin:

Colin

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
Col5632 and
wave.gif
to CycleChat !
thebiggrin.gif

You should be warned informed that there are quite a few CC folk :bicycle: around the East, including a number in Dunfermline itself
eek2.gif
and Dalgety Bay too IIRC.

They'll probably be along soon to say Hi.

Watch out for CC Ecosse Rendez-Vous rides over the winter, when we arrange to meet in a certain cafe, at a certain day/ time and you get yourself there (and back) by any route you choose.
Laie_76A.gif

Hope to see you on the road/in the cafe
glutton.gif
soon !

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 31

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Our winter RV rides have centred on a cafe like Loch Leven's Larder or others in the vicinity.

We've also been to the Park Bistro near Linlithgow (remember - you don't have to ride all the way, if it's a bit far
thumbsup.png
).

The arrangements for a RV ride a pretty 'simple':
Someone says: I'm going to be :bicycle: at XYZ place at XXXX time on XX day. Anyone fancy coming for a meet and chat
dirol.gif
- with CAKE
glutton.gif
of course (there's always cake
thumbsup.png
).

[Then it takes another 6-15 pages to decide who is actually going to turn up - and a further 3 pages of apologies 'cos it was wet
rain.gif
/cold
cold.gif
/cba
tired.gif
etc ] !
whistling.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 27
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Our winter RV rides have centred on a cafe like Loch Leven's Larder or others in the vicinity.

We've also been to the Park Bistro near Linlithgow (remember - you don't have to ride all the way, if it's a bit far
thumbsup.png
).

The arrangements for a RV ride a pretty 'simple':
Someone says: I'm going to be :bicycle: at XYZ place at XXXX time on XX day. Anyone fancy coming for a meet and chat
dirol.gif
- with CAKE
glutton.gif
of course (there's always cake
thumbsup.png
).

[Then it takes another 6-15 pages to decide who is actually going to turn up - and a further 3 pages of apologies 'cos it was wet
rain.gif
/cold
cold.gif
/cba
tired.gif
etc ] !
whistling.gif

Haha all sounds my kinda fun :biggrin: My problem is i dont know when to give up and would prob faint before i actually give up lol

Would be nervous to meet anybody new but sounds like it would be such a laugh :biggrin:

Are the rides usually on a saturday?

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 23

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Some Saturday, some Sunday - if you have a preference, arrange/post a date/time/place and see who turns up
icon_lol.gif

We had an RV at Craigies Farm .... not tooooo far :bicycle: !

Hiya Col, from maybe nearby, certainly within 5 miles :hello:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
wave.gif
Col5632 and
wave.gif
to CycleChat !
thebiggrin.gif

You should be warned informed that there are quite a few CC folk :bicycle: around the East, including a number in Dunfermline itself
eek2.gif
and Dalgety Bay too IIRC.

They'll probably be along soon to say Hi.

Watch out for CC Ecosse Rendez-Vous rides over the winter, when we arrange to meet in a certain cafe, at a certain day/ time and you get yourself there (and back) by any route you choose.
Laie_76A.gif

Hope to see you on the road/in the cafe
glutton.gif
soon !

+1 Col, hope to see you on Sundays ride

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
hi , welcome , nice bunch of folk here , how did u get on at dunfermline sportive today there were a few from here doing it

Well i was the only one (well me and one other) who didnt have a road bike so might have seen me struggling on by, been suffering from a back problem and really shouldnt have done it but didnt want to not to do :sad: Loved the cycle just disappointed with how well i didnt do on it :blush:

Top Bottom