Another newbie to initiate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big manc

Hi all. Great to see such a large community.
Been back into cycling for about 6 months but done nothing mileage wise until last month when a work friend suggested we do the manchester to blackpool ride. Since then i've been going out for a ride about 3 to 4 times a week with an average of 15 to 20 miles. i would like any thoughts and advice on how to build up my distance and stamina as i start running out of puff at just over half way. I did a shorter ride this evening and managed to do 11.2 miles, ave speed 14.62 mph, max speed 24.77 mph trip time 45.19. Any magic potions or miracles to get me fitter and lose weight greatly appreciated.;)

RUN Big manc RUN before the bug gets you and you are spending all your free time on hear and not riding. Run Run

Sorry Welcome to the mad house its good to have you hear. Where do you live?

Welcome to the CC cycling clan.

As Hairy Jock said, just keep at it; your strength and stamina will improve just from riding regularly, so don't worry too much about having to do long distances to gain any benefit. Just get out there and be careful.

Likewise you will lose weight, but you may need to look at your eating/drinking habits as wll IF you have lived a hitherto sedantry lifestyle.

Ask any questions you like; eventually you will get a helpful answer! :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

big manc

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice. I Defo need the sudocreme as ones botty is sore after last nights ride . carbon seats look good, zero comfort

Top Bottom