Another noise but with some diagnostics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Got a new BB waiting at home to be fitted. I may as well spray my pedals with GT85 while I'm working on it but I don't think it's those.

Even though the noise still happens when I'm standing up, there's a nagging doubt it's the saddle/seatpost in some way

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
New BB fitted. When did the outer size change? My BB tool no longer fits. Hey ho

Anyway it'll be a while till I find out if I've cured the noise as I was also checking the seatpost. Cackhanded Martin strikes again and snapped the seatpost clamp. Naturally all the bikes in my stable have different sized seatpost so that's a £20 mistake. :wacko:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Got a new BB waiting at home to be fitted. I may as well spray my pedals with GT85 while I'm working on it but I don't think it's those.

Even though the noise still happens when I'm standing up, there's a nagging doubt it's the saddle/seatpost in some way
I wonder if the clamp was failing

Globalti

Legendary Member
Have you checked the tightness of the two tiny bolts that hold the RD hanger to the frame? I've seen them blamed for creaks.

Presumably your bike doesn't have a BB30? If it does I can cure your clicky creak for you.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Have you checked the tightness of the two tiny bolts that hold the RD hanger to the frame? I've seen them blamed for creaks.

Presumably your bike doesn't have a BB30? If it does I can cure your clicky creak for you.
No. All my bikes have Hollowtech II on them. Is the fix for a creak with BB30 to get rid of BB30?

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, it's to smear bearing fit compound on the axle to prevent it from fretting inside the inner bearing races. Cures it for good.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok update. Bike as silent as a silent thing in a convent. Not sure if it was the change of BB or the change of seatpost clamp that has fixed it but either way I'm a happy bunny!!!

Top Bottom