Another noob in Berks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotmetal

Hi all,

I've been riding mountainbikes for about 20 years, the last time I had a 'road bike' it was a 10 speed (5x2) Sun Solo 'racer' that I used to go to school on! I'm still doing the MTB thang, but an ever-busier schedule has caused me to miss too many rides and now my fitness is starting to suffer as much as my waistline. As I prefer to spend my dosh on bikes rather than new jeans, I've decided to get myself a road bike to give me something I can get out on every day after work, instead of trying to hook up with the weekly MTB crew. Hopefully no-one will take that against me for not being a 'thoroughbred' roadie. Actually it's all because of one of my mates who IS a serious roadie - ex-racer with the Marmotte behind him. Oh, and Norm, who I know from the motorbike side of things, who kindly let me try his Secteur. Now I'm hooked but still need to learn the ropes, so here I am.

Virtual beers to all. (or should that be 'virtual PSP22'?)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :biggrin:

Good...

having just joined to see straight away there's another motorbike rider. I can never understand why some cyclists and bikers cannot get on.Both have 2 wheels.What bike you got and I mean motorcycle as well as cycle.My MB is a Blackbird and I ride a Roberts Audux .

OP
OP
hotmetal

hotmetal

;) Hello Norm! Sorry, I hope you don't think I'm stalking you! You mentioned the forum a couple of times, so I just googled "Norm" and "Cycle". :biggrin:

@ Hondated.
Hi matey. Yes, I don't know why there should be animosity between people on 2 wheels with or without motor. Like you say, they both have two wheels and face (roughly) the same problems. Being a car driver/biker/cyclist I treat horses, motorbikes and cyclists with respect, anything with 4 wheels with caution!

Those Roberts frames are supposed to be good - more comfort than many of the aluminium frames, and with proper old-school cool. Based on your choice of 'Bird and Audax, you're a distance man then?

My current rides: (weirdly, all 2004 models)
Yamaha Fazer 1000 for when pedalling is too hard,
Giant TCR Composite for when 208kg is too heavy,
Cannondale Jekyll for when there is no road. :biggrin:

Norm

hotmetal said:
;) Hello Norm! Sorry, I hope you don't think I'm stalking you! You mentioned the forum a couple of times, so I just googled "Norm" and "Cycle". :biggrin:
Ooo, a stalker. I hadn't thought I was worthy of one. :laugh:

Start running now, chap. You've mentioned owning a motorbike, the peasant rabble will already be heading this way. (At least you don't own a 4x4! :biggrin: )

bauldbairn

hotmetal said:
Hi all,

Norm, who I know from the motorbike side of things, who kindly let me try his Secteur.

It's okay we won't hold the whole knowing "Norm" thing against you. :laugh:
Personally I'm more worried about his involvement in the recruitment of members to the cult of "Secteur." :wacko: - ;)

Welcome to the CC forums hotmetal. :tongue:

I'm an ex-Scooterist/Motorcyclist with an unhealthy interest in Japanese cars - Honda Type R's - so there's all sorts on here. :smile: - :laugh: - :thumbsup:

Norm

He ignored my advice (I get that a lot! :smile: ) on the Secteur and got himself something beautifully carbonated instead. ;)

Top Bottom