Another possible cyclist death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash68

catwoman said:
Got an update on the cyclist via e-mail from the local cycling group. She's in intensive care at the Whittington Hospital and has had surgery on her legs. She is from Hackney. Hope she pulls through.

If your local cycling group has any contact with her, would be grateful if you could pass on my good wishes along with others who have commented so far.The sentiment "there but for the grace of god etc " spings to mind when I read about "accidents" involving cycles and moror vehicles.Hope things turn out ok for her.

ash68

Tynan said:
another one we know nothing about but we know it's not the cyclist's fault?
We as cyclists know how vunerable we are on the roads. Think the point being made is that alot of drivers do not appreciate how easy it is to knock someone off their bike and kill or seriously hurt them. I'm constantly shown this when drivers overtake me on blind corners, pull out in front of me or overtake leaving millimeters betwen me and their cars. Regardless who's fault this accident was, the fact that we are vunerable on the roads needs to be understood by motor vehicvle drivers.Not many people would aim a loaded gun at a cyclists head, but many drivers will, perhaps inadvertently ,risk killing cyclists by aggressive and risky manouveres on the road.

OP
OP
catwoman

catwoman

ash68 said:
If your local cycling group has any contact with her, would be grateful if you could pass on my good wishes along with others who have commented so far.The sentiment "there but for the grace of god etc " spings to mind when I read about "accidents" involving cycles and moror vehicles.Hope things turn out ok for her.

No. Don't think anyone knows her. The information was gleaned from the local press.
Don't know what happened but I go through that junction almost every day on my way to and from work and it's crowded. I always avoid close contact with large vehicles in any case but this is certainly a cautionary tale for everyone.

Tynan

Veteran
read the Sun in the cafe this morning

cyclist went to jail for life, riding on the pavement, ped bumped into him, cyclist stabbed him to death

make that the ped's fault, dare you

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Dear Tynan,

I feel this thread is losing out to the Cambridge gang still banging on hopelessly about naughty bus drivers?

Did you read where that stabbing took place?
I've imagined stabbing cage drivers with my pump and then inflating them until they go pop, but I have never acted on this idea.

Never cycle on the pavement. stay on the road and piss drivers off!

T x

Top Bottom