Another project!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I just took delivery of this Lee Cooper frame from @colly .

It looks great! I just need to free off the seatpost ( :rolleyes: it's OK, I'm an expert) and remove the yellow highlights with a bit of wet&dry. The powdercoat looks good but I might give it a blowover with a tin of enamel, mainly because I have a white bike already.

Mrs narf is still reeling from spotting my last purchase on Sunday so I could be in for a kicking.

DSC_1548.JPG
DSC_1549.JPG

I just took delivery of this Lee Cooper frame from @colly .

It looks great! I just need to free off the seatpost ( :rolleyes: it's OK, I'm an expert) and remove the yellow highlights with a bit of wet&dry. The powdercoat looks good but I might give it a blowover with a tin of enamel, mainly because I have a white bike already.

Mrs narf is still reeling from spotting my last purchase on Sunday so I could be in for a kicking.

View attachment 392904 View attachment 392905
Was it in front of the telly ?

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
If it's anything like as good as my Falcon Team Equipe 'Aryton' I'll be more than happy!

Can you remember what tubing it is?

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
What did you use on the seatpost ?

Hi!

I used Free It (the white tin on the bench, with orange writing) ovrnight; another application the next day and a bit more wedging between the seatbolt bosses, finally putting the seatpost head in the vice and twisting the whole frame with a massive *groinnnnk!*

Seatpost has major exfoliation so I won't be able to use it again, unfortunately. It's a shame- I hate scrapping bits of any description.

The yellow paint is coming off nicely with a combination of tuffnel and hard plastic scrapers. Very satisfying to chip it off in long lines, but I was covered in yellow dandruff after an hour!

DSC_1580.JPG

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I ordered some tyres today. I don't need much else; a seatpost, headset and bottom bracket, and I need to replace the rear wheel spindle and bearings in the wheels I'm going to be using. I'm basically using all the bits off 'Aryton' as that bike will be off the road for some time, til I can find out somewhere to have the frame media blasted: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/aryton-rebuild.220455/

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
DSC_1879.JPG
DSC_1880.JPG

I like this colour; it's more of a French blue than wedgewood, maybe halfway between.

I'm going to give the paint another full coat in a day or two then leave it to harden for a week or so. How long does enamel take to be fully hardened?

I want to try & find a head badge from somewhere or I might make one. That could be fun. I need a Reynolds 531 sticker as well.

Top Bottom