Another puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

STEPHAN DAVIS

4 punctures in a week. I've checked tyre, tape and spokes - nothing. Coincidence or maybe signs of a bigger problem? Could it be a sign of needing a new rear tyre? 3 out of the 4 were halfords 3 for £10 inner tubes.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Have you checked where on the tube the punctures are occuring, rimside or tyreside? Whats the tyre size, pressures? :smile: Could just be worn of course.

RWright

Guru
I feel your pain, I had four flat tires this past week. I ordered some Maxxis Re-fuse tires and Mr Tuffy tire liners. The tires I was using on my road bike probably had less than 100 miles on them but they were not a puncture resistant tire. I read a lot of positive reviews on the Re-Fuse and they are not terribly expensive.

I wish we had Wiggle here, from what I have seen they have some great deals.

I have read several sources that stated you should not use your street tires on a trainer, unless they are old and you are finished using them on the street.

OP
OP
STEPHAN DAVIS

STEPHAN DAVIS

I've only used the turbo trainer once since i bought it. I got it when i first got my road bike last winter after getting frustrated with the weather. I certainly wouldn't recommend using one with your normal road tyres on.

Nebulous

Guru
Lots of threads around on tyre choice, so I won't get into that, but stock tyres tend to be rubbish. Buying a new bike often leads to people being upset at punctures and swopping them early can be the best move for your peace of mind.

darth vadar

Über Member
Evans are doing a 20% off deal in conjunction with Sky Ride.

It took a bit of hassle as the Evans website didn't seem to want to recognise the offer, but a quick call to Head Office sorted that out. You might be able to sort it with your local store.

However, I digress. The point of my message was that they would do me a pair of Continental Gatorskin tyres 700 x 23c for just £34.39 which is a really good price for a fabulous puncture resistant tyre.

Only problem is that the offer ends on Sunday :sad:

RWright

Guru
I got another puncture on my ride last night, I didn't notice it until today because it was a slow leak. This is getting creepy (5 in a week :wacko:) . I am seriously considering starting my very own flat tire blog.

I wish my new puncture resistant tires would get here.

Sorry, just had to vent.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I was just swapping the pedals over on my 2nd bike and pulled 3 thorns out of the tyres, its only done about 8 miles on those tyres. I really dont think id like cycling as much without Marathon Plus tyres. :smile:

Nearly there

Veteran
I got another puncture on my ride last night, I didn't notice it until today because it was a slow leak. This is getting creepy (5 in a week :wacko:) . I am seriously considering starting my very own flat tire blog.

I wish my new puncture resistant tires would get here.

Sorry, just had to vent.
Are you fitting your tubes and tyres correctly?As if your not careful your tube can get caught between the tyre and the rim

Top Bottom