Another quick SIM card question.....help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
New SIM card has arrived with instructions/advice.
A couple of things I really dont understand.

The instruction is "make sure contacts, photos and messages are backed up".

From my previous post.. I understood that all that was in the phones memory.....not in the SIM.
So......a) are they in the SIM and if so...b)how do I back them up??
Thanks

classic33

Leg End Member
If you've backed up to the handset, you've nowt to worry about.

The instructions are the same as they were 10 years ago.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you've backed up to the handset, you've nowt to worry about.

The instructions are the same as they were 10 years ago.
Ive never done it though.
Been with Virgin 17 years and every 2 years go into the shop and they do it. Now they say they are not allowed to.

classic33

Leg End Member
Did you tap the three dots, as instructed by the 12 year old shop assistant. If they're on the phone memory they shouldn't need backing up.

SIM card is for contacts, but seems to be seldom used these days.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Did you tap the three dots, as instructed by the 12 year old shop assistant. If they're on the phone memory they shouldn't need backing up.

SIM card is for contacts, but seems to be seldom used these days.
Not tried that yet.... just confused by the instruction that come with the card as one CCr previously said the SIM is just the method of getting onto Virgins system.

classic33

Leg End Member
Instructions like these?
CAM00933.jpg

Nine year old instructions, EE's still read the same.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs Postman did mine,hers not having arrived yet.She just took the old one out,checked the sizes pressed the new one out and hey presto it all worked in no time,but we did download a few photos off the phone just to be sure.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mrs Postman did mine,hers not having arrived yet.She just took the old one out,checked the sizes pressed the new one out and hey presto it all worked in no time,but we did download a few photos off the phone just to be sure.
Did you lose other photos? As I say, i thought photos were on the phones memory......not the SIM.

classic33

Leg End Member
No photos on a SIM card.

You should be able to just swap the cards.

postman

Legendary Member
Did you lose other photos? As I say, i thought photos were on the phones memory......not the SIM.

No photos lost i wanted off the camera anyway,i am not much of a gadget person,bit of a thickie actually.Just use the phone for texting and calls,funnily enough.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No photos lost i wanted off the camera anyway,i am not much of a gadget person,bit of a thickie actually.Just use the phone for texting and calls,funnily enough.
As I do.. I do use it for google and CC rather than bother with the lap top but generally its for phone, text or whattsap

Top Bottom