England : London Another Quite Interesting Sunday London Ride: 30 August 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
This is the ride that was originally planned for April.

London is full of interesting history, quirky corners and the downright bizarre. And this edition of the Sunday London ride will be seeking some of these out. Curiosities and trivia is the theme.

The route is around 15 miles - negotiated at a very conversational pace - and will finish at the cafe in Russell Square - which is fairly central for most stations if a train home is your preference. I expect us to be there around 1.00pm, give or take. They serve good coffee, decent food, and beer.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (if they are riding again by then of course). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it's best if you use the facilities at a main line station before you rock up to the start.

Biblical weather, acts of virus or a change in government social distancing policy will force a postponement.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Hands up if you fancy it. Due to social distancing requirements, spaces are limited to six riders, including the leader. I already have one expression of interest, so the next four to put their hands up get a place. If there's enough demand, we'll put a second group on the road, but riding in the opposite direction. And if by some miracle more people are allowed to meet together by then we'll all go round as one big happy group.

GetFatty

Über Member
Oh go on then. Not been on a London ride for ages

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
IF there is still space id be up for it please?
I’ve added you to the list.

Ride is probably full, but if a vacancy crops up let's me know

What happens if I end up just following the crowd?

Top Bottom