Another ride, another mouthy van passenger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I use that route an awful lot, that particular island is an absolute nightmare, drivers will squeeze you if you don’t make it impossible.
I have found that my definition of 'impossible' is clearly not the same as that of some drivers! I have done the same as you but had drivers insist on overtaking anyway and swerving left to force me out of their way. (I have also had drivers swerve to the wrong side of the road to get past me when I am walking across a zebra crossing. On one occasion almost hitting a woman and child starting to cross from the other side...)

Oh, and not forgetting going round islands on the wrong side if they can't squeeze past!

Brandane

Legendary Member
I can't get any sound on the video clip either. So I slowed it down and put my lip reading skills to good use. I'm sure the passenger was shouting "Hi mr roadkill; it is you, isn't it? The guy off YouTube? We love your videos mate! Your version of the highway code is pure genius; we think it should be written into law - all that stuff about people swerving across the road into the path of oncoming traffic being given priority - top stuff mate, keep up the good work, all those nobbers on cycle chat are wrong; cheers and have a good day!"

DRM

Guru
You might want to have a look at the governments check mot history website, it makes interesting reading re: that van, perhaps a visit from traffic police will get it removed from the road permanently as I doubt any one has rectified the advisories from last year, which will now only be in worse condition :okay:

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I have found that my definition of 'impossible' is clearly not the same as that of some drivers! I have done the same as you but had drivers insist on overtaking anyway and swerving left to force me out of their way. (I have also had drivers swerve to the wrong side of the road to get past me when I am walking across a zebra crossing. On one occasion almost hitting a woman and child starting to cross from the other side...)

Oh, and not forgetting going round islands on the wrong side if they can't squeeze past!
If they’re stupid enough to do the ‘pass on the wrong side’ manoeuvre ( I’ve seen it a lot) that’s fine by me, at least they’re not squeezing me.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
You might want to have a look at the governments check mot history website, it makes interesting reading re: that van, perhaps a visit from traffic police will get it removed from the road permanently as I doubt any one has rectified the advisories from last year, which will now only be in worse condition :okay:
The trouble is, I doubt the van driver would care somehow. Although that would explain why they buggered off quick smart when I mentioned the camera.

DRM

Guru
The trouble is, I doubt the van driver would care somehow. Although that would explain why they buggered off quick smart when I mentioned the camera.
MOT expires in July the advisories were such that if I had to rely on it to earn a crust, I'd have had the work done, or at the point of the fail on the same day, scrapped it and got a new van

Top Bottom