Another shop bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven1988

Veteran
Chesterfield Cycle centre will close it' doors in 2018. Probably the best shop locally when it came to MTB. Their service was second to none too.
Screenshot_20171206-181744.jpg

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Really sad. My LBS in Newmarket has closed and I miss it greatly.

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
Looks like a big animal to feed. Are the smaller operators any more successful?

They are/ were actually owned by the big motorcycle sales shop in the area. This is the 3rd in a year in the town, the others were both small shops one just did service and repairs

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Always sad to see an LBS shut :sad: I count myself lucky in Doncaster there's a fair few good LBS in and around the town centre. With shopping on the internet and being able to check where's the cheapest it's not difficult to see why a lot are closing though unfortunately

jay clock

Massive member
that does look like an enormous and very slick set of premises - pity though

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bike sales boom is over, according to some analysts, and there are too many retailers needing to sell new bikes to too few punters....

... And the company are sticking to a business plan, to avoid the adage "How do you make a small fortune from a bike shop? Invest a large fortune."

Only the best & reputation located outlets will survive the amazon, esp when majority are being sqeezed 2 savy purchases, yet rise in bike use should help, if governments stop selling cancer smoke for oil

Like i hope these remain, fond memories of drulling stumpjumpers

http://www.mikevaughan.co.uk

Top Bottom