Another sizing Question - DHB Bib Longs & 3/4 bibs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
After the rave reviews of these from those who picked them up in the wiggle clearout, I think I might spring for a pair so I don't have to wear the Aldi ones all week.

How are the sizes on these? I'm in the fortunate position of being fairly tall (6'2", 33" inside leg) and slender (34" waist). Wiggle's sizing guide suggests an "L" for my waist, and an "XL" for my height/inside leg ;) Anyone who bought L or XL, are they long/short in the leg, and how's the waist/height sizing?

Blue

Legendary Member
I find dhb sizing on the 'neat' side. I would go with the larger of the size options you mention, if I were you.

Should you get it wrong, the returns system is pretty painless.

Bigtallfatbloke

Although wellenough made I sent mine back because I found the shoulder straps were so short they caused involuntary castration. They had xxxl size advertized on their site but when I ordered them as a replacement they suddenly found that they were unable to get them at all. I am now awaiting delivery of Gore bibs which are listed as having bigger sizes in the xl/xxl category.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Blue said:
I find dhb sizing on the 'neat' side. I would go with the larger of the size options you mention, if I were you.
Ta - will do.
Should you get it wrong, the returns system is pretty painless.
You're not wrong - Wiggle's service is excellent, the only problem is that it makes it a bit *too* easy to buy *more* stuff...

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Although wellenough made I sent mine back because I found the shoulder straps were so short they caused involuntary castration. They had xxxl size advertized on their site but when I ordered them as a replacement they suddenly found that they were unable to get them at all.

I reckon I'll chance it, as they can always go back if too small. For what it's worth, the sizes in the DHB's seem to come and go stock wise - might be worth checking again if you still wanted some in xxxl.

Bigtallfatbloke

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...re Proteam Action II Plus Bib Tights With Pad

Ok...I just collected the Gore bibs from the sorting office.

& they actually fit well!

They are also way better quality than the dhb ones, warmer and thicker ...I got a way heh!! from the Mrs....;)

BUT the highlighted stuff is not actually a feature of the tights I am wearing right now:

Anatomic 4-layer cut
High-cut back
Front zip
Bottom zip protection fold
Ergonomic elasticated seat padding for perfect fit
With seat padding
Flat seams
Pre-shaped knee
Non-slip rubber on bottom of trouser legs
Adjustable elasticated braces with soft Velcro
Zip at bottom of trouser legs
with reflective piping
Reflective logo

...oh...and I didnt get any sweets!

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bigtallfatbloke said:

...oh...and I didnt get any sweets!

What! Never mind all that other stuff, no sweets! Get on to trading standards! ;)

(For what it's worth, I didn't get sweets with my first order from them, but did with my second).

Bigtallfatbloke

yeah but this is my fifth!!!...I feel unloved:biggrin:

..I just got back from a 35km ride in them...as I left the clouds cleared and the sun shone brightly...sod's law that!..anyway.. the bib tights are WARM with a big wobbleU...not the sort of thing to wear in todays mild weather...but they will be perfik for the winter. I found th epad a little uncomfortable, but I never usually ride with a pad anyway so it's not unique to these...I'd find any pad weird I reckon.

Bigtallfatbloke

I pointed outthe issue around the site product description to them and they offered to swap things around....I however am ok with the bibs I have and dont want to go through the returns delay...so :

Thank you for your email.

As agreed over the phone here is voucher code for £20:

Voucher ID ************ for £20.00.

Please feel free to use it at wiggle shop.

Once again sorry for the hassle and thanks for your understanding.
Hope this helps and you will remain our valued customer.

Regards

So i just ordered a base layer and a saddle bag for £Zero

...fair enuff I fink:biggrin:

mikeitup

Veteran
re

I am contemplating a set of the dhb bib longs but am unsure which size to go for. I am using a medium pair of ronhill bikesters at present which are niceand are great for biking. They are not skintight (I would need the small for that, and lots of sickbags for passers by). I am 5' 7 1/2" and have a 34 waist and a bit of a gut. Do you think the DHB small would do the job?

BTW I have a dhb base layer and a friston jersey and am impressed at the quality. I was in my local leisure lakes at the weekend and was trying on jerseys from Endura, altura etc and couldn't notice any difference with these compared to the dhb apart from the vast differences in price.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Mike, I'd say for the size one up from what you think you are. My 3/4 bibs arrived today, and fit fine, (thanks for the advice all) but I'd have had problems with a Large (my normal size), as the X Large is nicely snug.

Oh, and no sweets :/

Tynan

Veteran
I'm 6'2" and a gnats under 16st, not fat, but large, and 'powerful' legs

the bhb 2006 bib longs xl fit me bang on, they're a genuine snug close fit but are perfect, I reckon they stretch plenty to fit all shapes, and the legs go right to my ankles

I usually struggle slightly to get trousers long enough for my 38" waist

HTH

and I love them from limited wear so far (nasty accident 15 minutes after putting them on, not the tight's fault though other than perhaps adding an extra mph)

and although they're quite thin, I'm guessing that's a good thing, I reckons they'll be fairly warm just from being all over, things like legs only need a certain amount of insulation I think, the knees have extra insulation

how bad can they be for £18?

'Designed in Italy, Made in Bosnia' amuses me

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Amuses me too.
Mine say "designed in Italy, Made in Romania" :biggrin:

will there be another Balkan civil war due to clothing rights?? :biggrin:

Top Bottom