Another thankyou to the deity...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
That seems to be watching over me and blessed me with its divine providence on Sunday...

In the middle of the hilly-ish audax my rear derailleur started playing up and not shifting properly and the brifter started getting a bit odd. Eventually I only had three gears on the back without actually reaching to the down tube and pulling the cable to shift it up a gear.

Just had a look at the cable and it was frayed down to two little cords within the shifter... :eek:

So thanks for not letting it snap and making me do that climb up to the fort out of Budleigh on the limit screw.:cheers:

MikeG

Guru
That same deity failed to make the worn cable obvious to you in the first place. Quite a confusing message it's putting out! ;)

Glad it sort-of worked out OK.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I had a cable snap at the bottom of the second Bwlch climb on the Dragon Sportive a few years back after much swearing I had a brainwave and pulled it in tight with the chain on the biggest cog on the cassette then nipped it under a bottle cage bolt. Bit frustrating not being able to change up but it got me up the hill then I just coasted the downhill bits.

Top Bottom