Another truck - Another cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Terrible. The thing that got me most when a fellow cyclist was killed on my commute ride was just how quickly all signs of anything gone wrong was erased and everybody just gets on with their normal activities including passing far to close to other cyclists.

vickster

Legendary Member
Report here (think same incident)

Queen's physician, Dr Peter Fisher, killed in crash with lorry while cycling in central London - The Telegraph https://apple.news/AqTB3xnjBRNGgDjm4KYEX7Q

classic33

Leg End Member
Any witnesses or anyone with any information about the collision on High Holborn is asked to contact police on 0208 991 9555 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Quote CAD 1899/15AUG

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
This is sad for me, because I used to work less then 1min from the same stretch of road and went past there every morning and evening on my commutes to and from work.... ALways a dangerous stretch that bit of road. So many drivers wanting to cut from right to left past two lanes just to take a left turn and head down kingsway.

I was lucky to have survived the 4 years i did commuting that route. I work closer to Russell Square now. So I can avoid a lot of that hubub

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I'm surprised that no one had mentioned this report, sorry but it is only in the Mail the others don't seem to care........
It was on bbc, the sc*m and guardian, telegraph so they did care

RIP

Slick

Guru
The London Cycling Campaign intends to hold a protest in Holborn next Monday.

I hope they get them to consider overhauling the Lgv rules on the road.

Apologies if that comes across as flippant but something surely has to give. It took one pedestrian death, I wonder how many cyclists it will take?

subaqua

What’s the point
The London Cycling Campaign intends to hold a protest in Holborn next Monday.

I hope they get them to consider overhauling the Lgv rules on the road.

Apologies if that comes across as flippant but something surely has to give. It took one pedestrian death, I wonder how many cyclists it will take?

The protest was well attended . There were some asshat drivers about sadly

Top Bottom