Anti log burner brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’m sensing an anti log burner vibe on twitter these days . Seems to come from mostly those posters whom have switched away from traditional heat sources and shelled out the cash on the new alternatives.
Best one I read was a a poster whom had moved to the countryside to get away from it all and has decided to moan about folks burning wood ! Fairly common practice out in the sticks round my way !

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Log burners are worse than witches, tie them to a stake and burn them.

postman

Legendary Member
My neighbour has one,i love the smell when i go to our bins.I stand there and breath it in.it takes me back years.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I’m sensing an anti log burner vibe on twitter these days . Seems to come from mostly those posters whom have switched away from traditional heat sources and shelled out the cash on the new alternatives.
Best one I read was a a poster whom had moved to the countryside to get away from it all and has decided to moan about folks burning wood ! Fairly common practice out in the sticks round my way !

Anti log burner, anti SUV, …… etc

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
I used to fire up the fire place a few times each winter to enjoy the sight and smell of a good fire, especially around Christmas.

Then we burned the end wall out of the house and put a 6 foot hole in the roof, caused by a defect in the original construction of the chimney.

Now we have one less fireplace and it now burns gas.

Took me a few years, but I like the smell again.

But I’ll stick with central gas heating…

Drago

Legendary Member
No one important moans on X any more.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whilst the Government is telling us all our gas central heating is evil ? If you need a log fire then that's fine. If it's just a fashion accessory, then it's not.

My neighbour (bob the dodgy builder) installed one in his perfectly modern house which doesn't have a chimney/fireplace. There is a beautiful stainless steel flue up the side of his house (I joke). He then started burning any old wood on it (building waste). We live in a clean air zone, so only approved stoves and planning/building permission is needed. He didn't have any. I may have gone round after his 'burning' stunk my house out for the whole day (I'm 200 yards away). Him not being at all reasonable and threattening to 'knock me out', made I laugh, and told him I'd report him to the council. He had a visit and there was no planning permission for it/no building regs. Let's say, I've had no stinky emissions from it since.

If you need one fine, if it's in a town/place where there are clean air zones, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom