Anti seize compound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enogeze

Having just got my new bike and having seen some posts about difficulty getting the pedals off when having to transport bikes by plane, it seems like now would be a good time to put anti-seize compound on crucial parts of the bike.

Any recommendations for what brand anti-seize compound to use?

Apart from the pedals, where else would be good to use it?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Provided you get into the habit of taking them on and off every few (?)months I don't think you'll have a problem. Just use a little oil or grease. I imagine most problems occur when getting LH and RH threads muddled. Alt you can use Coppaslip or similar from a motor factors

Bigtallfatbloke

i would just use a small drop of chain lube,,,do not use wd 40 though, i heard that stuff is the anti christ for bikes. I tell you though, after a long tour thos epedals do stick and they are hard to remove ..I failed at montpellier, my spanner just gave up on me an died....from now on i will remove them more often...say every 400miles or so just to keep them 'removeable'.

How tightly do you guys put the pedals on and/or tighten other bolts ?

I recently retrieved a bike from the loft where it had been for around 20 years. The pedals undid normally using a standard Campag pedal spanner.

genesta

Another one who uses the Shimano stuff (Evans sell it). Dunno if it's better or worse than any other as I've never used a different one, but it does what it claims to do.

slightly off topic but it's worth greasing the cleat bolts every few months as well. especially the foot you put down when you stop,it saves a lot of grief if you need to put new cleats on.

MessenJah

Rider
'Grease'.

Top Bottom