any advice about BTWIN TRIBAN 300 or BTWIN TRIBAN 500 or 500 SE ROAD BIKE i am thinking to buy one ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BeaSTxUK

hello everyone i am thinking to buy a B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 ROAD BIKE or B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 ROAD BIKE has anyone got any of those bikes and would you recommend them to me as i had a specialized secateur triple 2014 which was stolen and i am very sad. so i came across those two bikes so please help me and advice me if they are alternative to the specialized that i had before ? maybe not but at least help me and advice me cheers.

Note : My height is 183 what size would it be good for me cheers.
links for the

B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 ROAD BIKE : http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-300-road-bike-white-id_8239800.html
big_3ee79c2345b24cbfb9897ba20fc095c2.jpg

and

B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 ROAD BIKE : http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-road-bike-black-id_8331913.html
big_093e280c8c314634ae248890156ed92b.jpg

and

B'TWIN TRIBAN 500 SE ROAD BIKE: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-se-road-bike-black-id_8306187.html
big_e0c9cd5cbbc942beba48f61457add76b.jpg

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Ive got a triban 3 and its red, first road bike ive ever bought, seems ok but i am a road novice

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Decathlon have just taken their site offline for maintenance but I used to have one of their earlier models with cro-moly forks, like the 300 and 500 and the ride was brittle for the hands, to say the least. The 500 SE has carbon forks and the price is reduced from what I saw before they took their site offline.

At 183cm, you're probably between 57 and 60cm but closer to 57 (if that's how they're still measured) but get on one in store if you can and see how which one fits.

The basic frame is good though not super light. They come with a triple, so they'll get you up hills. Neither super twitchy nor sluggish handling. Once you've spent a bit of time on it, it'll be easy peasy to ride.

Oh, the stock tyres when I got mine were orrible. But they're consumables so replacement at some point is only normal.

OP
OP
BeaSTxUK

BeaSTxUK

thanks for your reply but is it heavy ? is it easy to ride ?
I am planning to go for the B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 because i don't ride a lot and if i do i will do max 4 to 6 miles that is my max do you think that will suit me the B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 ? cheers.

OP
OP
BeaSTxUK

BeaSTxUK

Decathlon have just taken their site offline for maintenance but I used to have one of their earlier models with cro-moly forks, like the 300 and 500 and the ride was brittle for the hands, to say the least. The 500 SE has carbon forks and the price is reduced from what I saw before they took their site offline.

At 183cm, you're probably between 57 and 60cm but closer to 57 (if that's how they're still measured) but get on one in store if you can and see how which one fits.

The basic frame is good though not super light. They come with a triple, so they'll get you up hills. Neither super twitchy nor sluggish handling. Once you've spent a bit of time on it, it'll be easy peasy to ride.

Oh, the stock tyres when I got mine were orrible. But they're consumables so replacement at some point is only normal.
so you do advice me to go for the 500 se ? because i was planning to go for the B'TWIN TRIBAN 300 i don't ride a lot only 4 to 6 miles but the best idea as you told me is to go to decathlon and find out for myself ;).

doughnut

Veteran
I bought a 500 in October last year. My first road bike so I have nothing to compare it with, but its been fine for me. I've probably done about 1500 miles on it so far - most of my rides are around 30 miles, but its still comfortable for me up to 70-80 miles. Decathlon let me ride it around the shop a few times before I bought it. Also you will get a free 3 month service from Decathlon.

OP
OP
BeaSTxUK

BeaSTxUK

I bought a 500 in October last year. My first road bike so I have nothing to compare it with, but its been fine for me. I've probably done about 1500 miles on it so far - most of my rides are around 30 miles, but its still comfortable for me up to 70-80 miles. Decathlon let me ride it around the shop a few times before I bought it. Also you will get a free 3 month service from Decathlon.
hi doughnut thank you for your sweet reply well as you said i think i need to go and find out myself at their store and thanks for your lovely advice ;).

Top Bottom