Any advice on bone conducting headphones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay lets get this straight... I'm not looking to start a headphone debate. If I buy any they will be mainly for running, if I feel they do let me hear road noise then I MIGHT use them when cycling.

My main question really is... Are they any good? I was thinking of aftershokz Trekz Titanium - pc world link here not necessarily from there though. If you have alternative brand at around the price, I'm open to suggestions not really thinking of any dearer. Thoughts please are they better for sport than the phillips ear buds i'm using

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I use my Aftershokz for cycling and have no problem hearing the traffic. They are worth the money.

Last edited:

DRHysted

Guru
I love my Aftershokz for running as they allow me to hear background noise and do not move. I do not use them whilst cycling as I don’t find them comfortable with my helmet.
however they do not seem to be able to survive my use, something always seems to stop working. On the plus side their customer service is excellent.

rivers

How far can I go?
I use aftershokz for cycling on my own. I can still hear the traffic, but I've got music to make the time pass a bit quicker. Can't really hear people talking however

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'be been using AfterShokz for a year or so, wouldn't be without them now. They have survived some proper rain with no ill effects, and work OK for me with a cap and glasses. If you like heavy bass then they are not for you, but for an 80's and 90's pop fan they are fine.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Fred Resurrection alert.... Not too bad just a month^_^ ordered a pair off Amazon and they arrived today impressed with them so far not been out running with them yet (or cycling:whistle:) but impressed with the build quality and the sound. If any any body else wonders about them I'd recommend them.... What forced the issue was the phillips buds I was using stopped charging and remained dead and they were only 18 months old! so ran a couple of times with my full ear bluetooth headphones that I use for the TV and listening to spotify at home with.... I couldn't hear anything with them and was bordering on dangerous! so the buds had to be replaced anyway

gunja99

Aeropex, awesome. Love em :smile: Use mine round the house, running and just for 10 minute alert stats from garmin on the bike (no music, etc). Great for talk radio! Love em :smile:

Top Bottom