Any aspiring writers from the motor trade or car nuts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking at launching a motoring ezine/blog... (yes I know motoring.... :rolleyes:) as I have 20 years experience in parts and motor trade. I have run a personal blog, wrote for @Andrew_Culture veloballs site and blog for the huffpost... So i thought id try a proper grown up website of my own..

Domain name registered and hosting sorted so....

I was wondering if anyone fancied writing for it.... First lets get the elephant out of the room... It will be unpaid as it will not generate any income for me... (however if the site ever becomes massive and gets sold i would share 10 percent of the profits with authors on the site.)

What do I want?

Tales from trade (mechanics, Technicians. Parts people.) funny real stories

Local/amatuer motorsports coverage... Banger racing, drifting etc.

Any snippets from main news sites that can be rewritten as articles.

Any 4x4 off road stories...

Blast from the past... True stories from the 70s 80s 90s etc

I would prefer any photos to be your own but may accept any google images with reuse rights...

As well as adding to above columns (which are working titles by the way... Not set in stone.)

All content would remain yours however unlimited usage rights would be required by the site... I'm no lawyer but my bro is so would get a proper contractythinghy made up..

Looking at launching late August.

So what you got.. P. M me

And mods I hope this shout out is okay.....

vickster

Legendary Member

I have worked in and around the motor trade for 30 + plus years and so has @smokeysmoo I think
I managed about 20 years, 10 in auto radiators and HGV parts and 10 in main dealer parts, but then it all went t!ts up so I had to leave it all behind to do something completely different instead, and to be honest apart from the odd shoulder glance I've never really looked back.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I should add that I have very little interest in cars.
Yes but you must have some great stories.....

OP
OP
simon the viking
I'm not sure if I'll have anything you could legally publish, but happy to help if I can. I'm an officially certified parts person. And an almost accredited aftersales expert If you believe my online training!
If you work for a chain store they might not be too happy.. Im out the business so i can write what i like as long as a change any identifying details... But if you have anything you feel you can share let me know.

Top Bottom