Any bar tape tips ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive decided the white bar tape has to go as it keeps looking grubby . Ive bought some black bar tape with white bits on it :wacko:
Anyhow , any tips before I start this task will be appreciated :thumbsup:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My LBS said it depends how many packets of biscuits I supply :laugh: But ill have to wait until mid week :eek: why wait when I can do it myself , what on earth could go wrong :laugh:

MikeW-71

Veteran
I jumped in and had a go with mine when I changed the bars. It went OK, but there's a couple of areas that I would do better next time.

Specialized Phat wrap is great BTW.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Hmmmmm its on OK ish . I guess buying tape with writing on it wasn't the greatest idea as you want the writing to line up . No chance of that ! Also trying to get the tops angled in opposite directions is a no go . I guess you have to start one bar at the drops and one on the tops but then wouldn't the drops be going in the wrong direction aswell ?
You also don't get a lot of tape for your money !

jayonabike