Any bike detectives around here? Trying to find more about a bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I can change the tyres :laugh:

OP
OP
G

GoatBeard

Well, I've spent a good few hours taking apart the bike and I've finally finished my first rough rebuild and done a serious test ride. First impressions, it's rides like a juggernaut compared to my Subway 1! It's definitely a heavier bike. But, curiously it feels better to ride!

The added weight gives a sense of robustness and stability, and what I mean is the bike really feels stable to ride on the rough surface of the pothole ridden road. It's slightly slower, but not be much. Compared to the subway, despite the weight it's actually easier to get out of the saddle and push up hill.

The Dart 1 Shocks are an absolute treat compared to the steel steerers on the subway. Love them, I don't understand the hate they get.

The quick shift gears are a nice improvement over the twist shifters, much more road bike-esk.

For a free bike, not bad! Here's a list of what I had to do.

Replace both brake calipers. The quads ones were hopeless.
New chain
New rear cable
Slick tyres
Rear chain hanger
SRAM foam mtb grips. Personal touch!
Replace headset parts

There's still some adjustments and fine tuning to do (can't seem to stop my rear caliper rubbing) need to true up both wheels more and fine tune the indexing.

I know these lumps get hate but for what they're meant to do they're fun bikes. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that. And it's not like I haven't had quality bikes. My roadie was a 2k+ racer. Too bad our terrible roads were knackering it.

Last edited:
I know these lumps get hate but for what they're meant to do they're fun bikes. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that.
I've just done up a similar lump, although a more well-known brand. Don't agree about the shocks though, they're gone as soon as I can get the bits!
20220521_150827.jpg

Top Bottom