Any Blackberry users on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I have one for work, it is a pile of crap

andyfraser

Über Member
The one thing I liked about my old BlackBerry was the keyboard. Great for email, texting and twitter. It was running BlackBerry OS 7 which is a bit dated now. I've only used BlackBerry OS 10 briefly and it's alright. The new BlackBerry Classic is quite tempting because it's more or less a Bold running BB10 but the apps still aren't there and it's only tempting for the keyboard. My Nexus 6 is far and away a much better phone.

Ganymede

Veteran
I have a Q10 and it is actually very good, much better the the old curve and bold i used to have.
I thought I might try one of those. My problem is being *rsed to go out and buy one. Mine is 4 years old...

They are a good business tool, they deal with high volume mail better than any other pocket mobile.
the issue that killed the company was security.
The Americans, (and Russians, Indians, Arabs etc) were unable to hack the mail, therefore have banned the devices wherever they can and have done the best to refuse the company finance so they will disappear in the next few years

Agree.

The corporate jouney would be an ideal subject of study in any grad school. From a virtual monopoly in the corporate world to near death. I am sure no on expected it. In the consumer space it was Nokia which set the tone, the standards and the vision. It was once the standard for reliability.

I recall Motorola in the mid 90s setting up high end research hubs with the best young minds around the world. It never came to be.

subaqua

What’s the point
Have one for personal use , bought when work phones were Nokia 3109 and did calls and texts. I used to use BBM lots but when work gave me an iPhone and BBM got released on iTunes then the blackberry handset became very unused. I pay £3 a month for the line and calls and really don't want to lose the number as I have had it since 1994 and ported it across several networks .

Lack of apps is the big problem , but email was brilliant .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive got some raspberries in the freezer . Used a blackberry for a year but got rid of it for an iphone .

Top Bottom