Any chance of making the new standard font smaller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Go into your preferences and you'll see a styles list (it's the first item you'll see listed) - some have bigger fonts. Try Darker Full Width.

I've switched to darker full width and it just seems the same to me. If i go down to 150% zoom, then i'm almost at the point of needing my reading glasses, which i dont like to use when using computer.
13" is a small screen i have though, i had noticed when i got this Chromebook i was having to up the zoom level on every site i use. So its not really a big deal.

classic33

Leg End Member
Go into your preferences and you'll see a styles list (it's the first item you'll see listed) - some have bigger fonts. Try Darker Full Width.
Different fonts have different sizes, for the same size.

Shaun

Founder
In a similar vein, the headers seem to be a lot bigger than previously? With the forum header and then a topic header (which for me on a kindle seems to be mostly a large block of grey emptyness) it fills approx 90% of the screen in landscape and even in portrait fills over 50% of the view with forum, topic and post headers as these form quite a sizeable stack.
Very difficult to manage when the touch type keyboard also fills the bottom half of the screen when typing.

I'm not moaning, hopefully just giving some constructive feedback on the changes :okay:

As others have said, thanks for continuing to support the forum and I hope all is well on the family front.
Are you able to take a screenshot of what it looks like on your Kindle - that doesn't sound right. Also, which style are you using - scroll right down to the bottom of the page and look at the bottom left - the style name should be there.

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
Here is a screenshot of what is on my MacBook Air. I can't zoom in at all. Being able to see less than one whole post at a time is less than ideal.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Are you able to take a screenshot of what it looks like on your Kindle - that doesn't sound right. Also, which style are you using - scroll right down to the bottom of the page and look at the bottom left - the style name should be there.

It appears I am using default style?

Last edited:
OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
I was going to add that being able to see less than a full post at once doesn't really work for me. :sad:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think I have worked out what is happening. On other sites as I scroll down the page the header goes off screen and then the address bar follows as I scroll further so it frees up a good chunk of the display to show the bits you actually want to see.

The new incarnation of the forum seems to be hard locking the address bar and only partly collapses the forum header before locking that too. This eats up a large portion of the available screen area.

Just checked on my desk top and while the address bar is always shown, the header on other sites (I tried BBC weather) scrolls off screen, but the CC header is locked again, so it isn't only Kindle/Android. Must be a forum setting?

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
Just sorted the font size with a fix I saw on another thread. Annoyingly, I can't find it now. I'm using Google Chrome. I clicked on the three vertical dots at the top right hand side of the screen then adjusted zoom to 100%. There is still a bit too much white space/headers etc although I can live with it. Let's hope the zoom stays put when I close Cyclechat and open it again. :whistle:

Top Bottom