Any chance of making the new standard font smaller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Let's hope the zoom stays put when I close Cyclechat and open it again.
It should: I managed to increase the font size for only CC (before the upgrade), Firefox kept the setting.
All other web pages kept their smaller fonts.

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ I think it does stay smaller when I close and reopen it. Hallelujah!

Shaun

Founder
I've done a bit of work on the layout tonight to try and tighten things up a bit; reduced the size of the logo and page header, reduced the padding on various elements to bring them closed together / reduce white-space, etc. and once I've finished twiddling with it all I'll create a separate style called "Compact" or somesuch and squeeze things up further for those of you using non-mobile small screens.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've done a bit of work on the layout tonight to try and tighten things up a bit; reduced the size of the logo and page header, reduced the padding on various elements to bring them closed together / reduce white-space, etc. and once I've finished twiddling with it all I'll create a separate style called "Compact" or somesuch and squeeze things up further for those of you using non-mobile small screens.
Any chance of a "Grumpy Git" setting which returns things to the situation about ten years ago?

Shaun

Founder
Well there's been a few changes over the years, but not too regularly (thank goodness eh?!) ... 2006 phpBB:

1569716894765.png

... 2007 vBulletin:

1569717087851.png

... 2010 IPBoard (Wayback Machine hasn't cached the CSS):

1569717340939.png

... 2011 Xenforo v1:

1569717466649.png

... and 2019 Xenforo v2:

1569717716989.png

perplexed

Guru
I remember when all this was fields....

I haven't got a telly...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A vote from me for the new bigger font - particularly good when posting on my small tab.
Please don't change without a vote shaun.
I very quickly learned that asking for a vote creates as many problems as it solves. (See Brexit!) I gave people a choice of dates for a ride and got equal numbers for each choice. Then I had to choose one group's choice over those of the others. Sometimes it is better to weigh up the options and choose a good compromise.

Anyway, it need not be an either/or - there could be a chunkier option for those who prefer it.

The new version is definitely improving on my 5" phone screen.

Shaun

Founder
I've created a new style - Compact - that has some reduced font sizes and padding, and no sub-navigation bar. I haven't done a lot of work on it as yet, but it should be a usable quick-fix until I get some more time to tweak it in more detail.

Shaun

Founder
I've added the secondary nav bar back in. If it gets in the way for the majority of people using the Compact style, let me know and I can remove it again.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom