1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any commuters --stockport to Altrincham?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by litespeeder, 1 Nov 2007.

1. litespeeder

litespeeder New Member

Just wondering if any of the many I pass going the other way are on here. You may recognise me as the one who looks like he's in the middle of a time trial :blush::tongue:

Taking the route of leaving at 7.15 am through Davenport, Cheadle, Gatley Wythenshawe, Altrincham.

If so give us a wave as nobody going the other way ever acknowledges me :biggrin::sad:
    Me, I'm on a Peugeot 753 or Litespeed depending on weather!!

2. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I might see you on the Cheadle bit, I guess, but I'm heading towards Manchester. If you're on Manchester Road/High Street or School Hill, they're part of my commute.

3. John the Monkey

Incidentally, any recommendations for a route into Altrincham? My folks live over that way, and I've often though I might try nipping down on the bike.

4. OP
    OP
    litespeeder

litespeeder New Member

Be a man and use the A56 washway road northbound ;):biggrin:!!! assuming Manchesterford is the nickname of the city 5 miles north.

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I also cover the Cheadle (Morrisons) to Alex Hospital part of the route, before heading up Manchester Road - Usually 7.45 ish when I pass that bit....

I'll say hello when I pass you !!!! ;)

6. John the Monkey

There's times of day I wouldn't do the A56 in a car :smile: I work in Manchester, but live in Heald Green - most of the time it's just easier to say Manchester to people who don't know the area :becool:

7. simoncc

simoncc New Member

There are times of day when I wouldn't do the A56 in a car - it's usually jammed with traffic. That's why I always do the A56 on my bike.

8. flycatcher

flycatcher New Member

I'm often around Bredbury but not Cheadle but thatnks for the handy picture next to your post, I'll keep a look out for you now I know what you look like.

;)

9. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

My home village Mr Catcher !!!!!

10. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

see you? i used to fecking WORK WITH YOU

alright ste?:biggrin:

11. dan_bo

now go and get some graft done or i'll tell the qualitatz politzei!

12. OP
    OP
    litespeeder

litespeeder New Member

Nice one Danny.....what was it ....the beard on my pic to the left that gave my good looks away :biggrin:

thought the A56 line would ruffle a few feathers!!!!

13. dan_bo

washway's for girls these days pal. Too many traffic lights to get any (real) momentum up :biggrin:. Fixed that Pug?