Any commuters --stockport to Altrincham?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

litespeeder

Just wondering if any of the many I pass going the other way are on here. You may recognise me as the one who looks like he's in the middle of a time trial :blush::tongue:

Taking the route of leaving at 7.15 am through Davenport, Cheadle, Gatley Wythenshawe, Altrincham.

If so give us a wave as nobody going the other way ever acknowledges me :biggrin::sad:
Me, I'm on a Peugeot 753 or Litespeed depending on weather!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I might see you on the Cheadle bit, I guess, but I'm heading towards Manchester. If you're on Manchester Road/High Street or School Hill, they're part of my commute.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Incidentally, any recommendations for a route into Altrincham? My folks live over that way, and I've often though I might try nipping down on the bike.

OP
OP
litespeeder

litespeeder

John the Monkey said:
Incidentally, any recommendations for a route into Altrincham? My folks live over that way, and I've often though I might try nipping down on the bike.

Be a man and use the A56 washway road northbound ;):biggrin:!!! assuming Manchesterford is the nickname of the city 5 miles north.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I also cover the Cheadle (Morrisons) to Alex Hospital part of the route, before heading up Manchester Road - Usually 7.45 ish when I pass that bit....

I'll say hello when I pass you !!!! ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
litespeeder said:
Be a man and use the A56 washway road northbound ;):biggrin:!!! assuming Manchesterford is the nickname of the city 5 miles north.

There's times of day I wouldn't do the A56 in a car :smile: I work in Manchester, but live in Heald Green - most of the time it's just easier to say Manchester to people who don't know the area :becool:

simoncc

There are times of day when I wouldn't do the A56 in a car - it's usually jammed with traffic. That's why I always do the A56 on my bike.

flycatcher

I'm often around Bredbury but not Cheadle but thatnks for the handy picture next to your post, I'll keep a look out for you now I know what you look like.

;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My home village Mr Catcher !!!!!

OP
OP
litespeeder

litespeeder

dan_bo said:
now go and get some graft done or i'll tell the qualitatz politzei!

Nice one Danny.....what was it ....the beard on my pic to the left that gave my good looks away :biggrin:

thought the A56 line would ruffle a few feathers!!!!

Top Bottom