Any comparison sites for Cycling products?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papusale

Hello,

Does anyone know about any comparison or product listing site with Cycling related products (bicycles, helmets, parts etc.)?

S-Express

No, but I have a feeling you are going to recommend one...

robgul

Legendary Member
There are several that purport to be cycle product comparison sites BUT they all seem to react to provide biased/loaded results from paying advertisers and are not be much use - rather than "Compare the Meerkat" type results (which is funded by commissions on click-through sales)

As suggested, Googling the product and a bit of looking at the results is probably the best bet.

Rob

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think there used to be one called ibike but I can't find it now. I have a folder with a list of local shops/chains and a few online extras (SJS Cycles, Spa Cycles, Star Cycle Spares, Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op, Laxzo), then tell my browser to "open all in tabs" and type the product name into each one. Using a general search engine often finds too many hits from a few online retailers who are very good at search engine optimisation or buy adverts but are awful to buy from.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hello,

Does anyone know about any comparison or product listing site with Cycling related products (bicycles, helmets, parts etc.)?
Just start a thread saying "recommend me such and such" you'll get more comparison that you'll ever have dreamed of.
Tyres and lights are particularly controversial, followed closely by mudguards, panniers and saddles.
Brakes? At your own peril.

OP
OP
P

papusale

Just start a thread saying "recommend me such and such" you'll get more comparison that you'll ever have dreamed of.
Tyres and lights are particularly controversial, followed closely by mudguards, panniers and saddles.
Brakes? At your own peril.

Sure. Thanks for the heads up!
Tyres and lights are controversial? :biggrin:
Is there something I missed?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tyres - everyone either loves or hates their current tyres (depending how much they've punctured lately) and doesn't like their recent past ones (else they'd still use them).

Lights - people are divided between those who think legal shaped beams are good, those who think they can aim MTB lights down enough not to dazzle and still see (very rare) and those who think dazzling oncoming cyclists and motorists is a good idea or something.

Top Bottom