Any Dad's on here with teenage daughters who drive......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I haven't noticed a gender split on mobile stupidity but there's a lot of it about. A lot of blokes doing it too but the worst example I saw was an over-dressed woman in her 20's driving a huge 4x4 while on the phone and a small poodle on her lap!

taxing

My 22 year old brother had a bit of a prang yesterday, he rear ended someone who was stopped at a roundabout. Swears blind he wasn't doing anything daft. Hmmmmm.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Aperitif said:
I think the best thing you can do Crankarm, is to try and assemble a video of all this misuse and abuse. Take it to the appropriate agency and make your case there.
There are a wide range of examples that you write about and also generalise about. Drivers who text while driving are in the wrong, not 'teenage girls' alone.
How do you get the time to 'see' all this stuff, this 'detail' anyway? You can't be paying much attention to your job on the road.

Some of us are just more observant than others I guess. Perhaps you should pay more attention to what is going on around you .....

darkstar

When i first passed my test I drove way to fast and talked on the phone (never texted though...), I was 17 and 3 months and passing the driving test had been way too easy. Everyone else at school was the same, we even had challange to get home in a certain time:ohmy: Unfortunately it took a lad from our school to go and kill himself driving to change our attitudes, from that day we were all transformed. Speeding and using the phone whilst driving were considered 'uncool'. It's just awful it took such a horrific event to accomplish it.

Will1985

Über Member
I read this thread before going back to work. On the way there I saw a girl in her early 20s texting while waiting to pull out onto an A road (bumper was already out enough for me to move towards the middle), an equally young guy tailgaiting me aggressively in a 20 zone with the phone to his ear, and then a mother in a people carrier talking whilst waiting to cross into the school car park!

I'm usually pretty vocal on the bike and more often than not get told where to go. Professional drivers (Tesco/DHL/building supply flat beds etc..) are definitely the worst.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yawn.... here we go again. How many times do I have to post this?

Your local constabulary has a non-emergency number which you can call and report bad driving. Most constabularies will log the report on the PNC and if that car gets seen by a patrol car equipped with ANPR the driver will be stopped for a chat and a "producer" notice. More than three reports and they get a home visit and the possibility of the car being crushed. It works here in Lancashire anyway.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My jihad. Just tell people to watch this, please.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E

Brahan

Über Member
I agree with Crankarm. Unless the young lads are just more covert, it does seem that a higher proportion of the offenders are young women. I see them every day, texting or dialing a number, pulling out of junctions with one hand on the wheel and the other hand holding the phone, not having 100% focus on the road or its surroundings etc.

If I get a helmet camera can I report them? If I can I will, every single one if them and I don't care how much of my personal time it takes. I'm sick of it.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Well blokes won today. I saw 4 and one woman using their mobiles whilst driving. There was a lot less traffic on the road which could have been due to a certain football match. But the blokes were obviously more keen to talk about footy while driving than the girls. Normal service resumed tomorrow?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I could well be wrong, and no, I cannot back it up right now with learned research, but I think that female drivers have accidents as a result of inattention. Male ones come to grief because of utter recklessness. Women get cheaper insurance, so they are almost certainly better drivers. I just wish they wouldn't text so much.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Are there any texting or cellphone while driving slogans ?
Like 'Don't drink Drive' or 'Clunk Click Every Trip'. I had to shout at a Texting Moton yesterday and thought after that something snappy would help

Top Bottom