Any diesel mechanics in north west

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
I have a 2008 citreon nemo 1.4....58,000 miles and it has just started to give a belt like sqeal...I have done the old school tactic of spraying wd40 on the belt which dosnt feel loose but still there.......all I can add is that the sqeal definately reduces when I pick up speed in 4th and 5th gear?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I had a belt squeal once on a different car. Turned out to be a seized cam belt tensioner pulley. Lucky I caught it before if wore through the belt.

screenman

Legendary Member
If you are that bad find a garage. I think but I am not sure that it is an interference engine, if so and the belt broke you would likely throw away what was left of the engine.

It could possible be the water pump making a noise, this should be changed when the belt is, like wise change the belt when replacing the pump.

paul04

Über Member
Could be a number of things, like as said above, a seized cam belt tensioner pulley
or, water pump
Alternator
Power steering pump.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
citroen nemo 1.4 squealing - there's one likely source - the bearings on the hamster wheel.

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Clutch thrust bearing (or something like that) new clutch, gearbox out etc....just what I need before xmas...now I know why I ride bikes

Clutch thrust bearing (or something like that) new clutch, gearbox out etc....just what I need before xmas...now I know why I ride bikes
Presumably noise disappeared when clutch pedal pressed?

screenman

Legendary Member
No wonder we did not guess that, as it is the other end of the engine.

Change in noise when you depress clutch pedal? It could go on for a long time and is unlikely to cause any further damage if it fails completely, no need to rush into it.

Top Bottom