Any ex RAF or military historians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Are there any ex RAF or military historians in the house?

I would like to write a coffee table book about the 154 fallen from the second world war buried in our local cemetery in Denmark.

Most of them are RAF and I would like to find out if there is a way I can get hold of flight records of these airmen or any personal information or photographs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You might get more info by joining the forum here: https://www.forcesreunited.co.uk/

The 1939 registry (ancestry, findmypast) might give you some family info. The ancestry one is free this weekend for the 1939 registry.

Venod

Eh up
My dads brother was a Navigator in a Halifax in WW2 he was shot down and lost without trace on a raid on Krefeld, I knew little about his mission or death so I contacted a Mike Varley I can't remember his position or who he worked for but he did furnish me with loads of details about the plane and the rest of the crew and its mission.

I gave him the info I had from the Runnymede Memorial Name, Service Number, Rank, Date of death.

I have 2 email address for him but they are from 2011

varley.mike@yahoo.co.uk

varley.mike@ntlworld.com

RAF personnel records are held at RAF Cranwell, they will only divulge information to next of kin, or to somebody with permission from the next of kin.

RAF Disclosures section
Room 221b, Trenchard Hall
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
Lincs
NG34 8HB

Be aware all the info I have given you is from 2011.

classic33

Leg End Member
My dads brother was a Navigator in a Halifax in WW2 he was shot down and lost without trace on a raid on Krefeld, I knew little about his mission or death so I contacted a Mike Varley I can't remember his position or who he worked for but he did furnish me with loads of details about the plane and the rest of the crew and its mission.

I gave him the info I had from the Runnymede Memorial Name, Service Number, Rank, Date of death.

I have 2 email address for him but they are from 2011

varley.mike@yahoo.co.uk

varley.mike@ntlworld.com

RAF personnel records are held at RAF Cranwell, they will only divulge information to next of kin, or to somebody with permission from the next of kin.

RAF Disclosures section
Room 221b, Trenchard Hall
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
Lincs
NG34 8HB

Be aware all the info I have given you is from 2011.

I know the name, as do others, but you'll not get a reply from him.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features...he_men_of_Elvington_s_77_Squadron_remembered/

classic33

Leg End Member
Yorkshire Air Museum?

Venod

Eh up
Yorkshire Air Museum?

Thanks for jogging my memory and Mike Varleys connection with the museum, my uncles plane last flight took of from Elvington (home of the museum) in June 1943, although I live about 25 miles from the museum and have often cycled through the village I have never visited, I must do so.

Top Bottom