Any Excel, MS Access Gurus on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
I have an Excel Macro that updates an Access Table, Both are stored in central drive on our network when I sent the Spreadsheet to a colleague andhe runs the macro he gets an error, Is this because he does not have Access installed

T4tomo

Guru
probably, that would defo cause an error as the macro requires Access.

he may well get another error after having access installed but let's wait a bit for that

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Need to see the error message.

Need to know the version of Excel and Access (I assume they are the same, ie, say Office 2016, or whatever).

Could be many reasons, as mentioned above, plus, possibly access (note not Access) rights on the folders / drives involved, not to mention the various setting available with MS Office (attempt) to prevent execution of malicious macros.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
Thanks Guys. It does seem to be the fact he does not have Access installed, sent it to another guy and he had no problem(Well after I had him map his drive correctly) oh well a SAR for Access it is, 2 days before the xmas break when all the IT guys will be out their nut on Haribos

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I hate Excel.

Excel is a great spreadsheet.

As a database, it's shoot.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I hate Excel.

It's a tool, learn to use it properly and it is great. The OO spreadsheet is pretty good too, but doesn't quite match Excel in features.

Excel is a great spreadsheet.

As a database, it's shoot.

As is any spreadsheet. But you can make it a front end to a database and get the benefits of both. Access works pretty well with it.

Top Bottom