Any good deals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mashhead1

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum, but not new to cycling.
I need some help. I am looking to buy a new road bike. I will be using it to ride long distance charity events and hopefully most weekends for more relaxed 20-30 mile rides. I have been to a couple of bike shops (chains) and my bike of choice is the Specialized Secteur Sport. Mainly due to the relaxed geometry and it is supposedly comfortable over long distances (I'll be using this newly purchased bike to be riding the L2P24) and of course price ( I have heard that the Cannondale Synapse is similar in terms of comfort?).

I want to see if this bike is a good choice for what I want from a bike or is there a better option out there. I have approx. £650-700 to spend, but this might have to include pedals and shoes.
Also does anyone know of any places where the Secteur is on a deal, I know that this series was released this year so I might be wishful thinking.

Thanks in advance for any help and comments.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Generally, won't get much better than either of those choices, is the general opinion.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You probably wont get a deal on the bike as it's a 2010 release, however you should be able to get a load of freebies ie pedals, bottle cages, lights etc.

Top Bottom