Any Huawei (phone) owners out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just trying to get the thing setup and ...tried to share a screengrab by clicking on 'share', but the only share options that came up were

1646951149370.png

None of which is the one I want (as it happens, Telegram). Some googling suggested I could add/remove icons by going via Share menu in Chrome, but that proved a dead end: same options and, as with the original, as pictured, no apparent way to change the 'share' options available. Which has left me all of a kerfuffle, because I share pics like that via Telegram all the time. I've spoent the usual hour googling, looking at youtuve vids, going up blind alleys and cul de sacs, generally getting nowhere. If anyone has any suggestions, or even a simple solution, I'd be orfly grateful.

classic33

Leg End Member
You're looking at the first set, of four, of options. Anything on the other three?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks, but sadly those four dots lie. There's no other sets, that's it. I've prodded, I've pressed, I've dragged icons around, nothing makes any difference. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

Sharky

Guru
Not familiar with telegram, so just guessing.

Once you've done the screen grab, you should have the image in your screen shots folder.

So from telegram, presume you have an option to add/send a file?

potsy

Rambler
Thanks, but sadly those four dots lie. There's no other sets, that's it. I've prodded, I've pressed, I've dragged icons around, nothing makes any difference. Unless I'm missing something obvious?
If you swipe left on those icons it will reveal more options, I've just installed Telegram onto my phone to try it and it does appear in my list of options now..

Daft question but I assume you have installed the telegram app onto your phone?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just trying to get the thing setup and ...tried to share a screengrab by clicking on 'share', but the only share options that came up were

View attachment 634799

None of which is the one I want (as it happens, Telegram). Some googling suggested I could add/remove icons by going via Share menu in Chrome, but that proved a dead end: same options and, as with the original, as pictured, no apparent way to change the 'share' options available. Which has left me all of a kerfuffle, because I share pics like that via Telegram all the time. I've spoent the usual hour googling, looking at youtuve vids, going up blind alleys and cul de sacs, generally getting nowhere. If anyone has any suggestions, or even a simple solution, I'd be orfly grateful.
As upthread - if you have the Telegram App it will appear in your options.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It’s all part of a Chinese plot by Huawei the government warned us about :angry:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks everyone. It's sorted! With hindsight, I should've done what I did this morning, and reviewed my 'new' (factory reset) phone for updates, of which there proved to be many. With all updates installed and everything purring along nicely, it does now swipe, bringing up loads of other options (including Telegram). It simply wouldn't before - but now it will. Hooray!

I'll doubtless be returning with more gormless enquiries as I get to grips with this beastie, so watch this space...

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'll doubtless be returning with more gormless enquiries as I get to grips with this beastie, so watch this space...
So, here we go. Anyone out there have a p30 pro? Are the photos crap? Because mine are - or at least, if not crap, certainly nothing like I was expecting, given the hype.

This was touted as the phone that re-wrote the rules for phonography, but from what I've seen thus far it struggles to hold its own v my old Samsung S7 edge. There's lots of grumbles online about the impact of Huawei updates, which have by common consent absolutely trashed the photo capability. I'd be very interested to hear any impressions from other owners. Thus far I have to say I am majorly unimpressed, both with this 'category-redefining' piece of kit, and with the apparent corporate skullduggery built into its software evolution.

potsy

Rambler
I have the p20 pro and it does have a very decent camera, it was launched around 4 years ago now though, so maybe other manufacturers are ahead of them?
Certainly happy with mine.

Top Bottom