Any i-tunes experts? Help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Strange happenings with the last 2 albums I have bought on i-tunes.
Track 1, and ONLY track 1 on both albums is refusing to play despite having successfully downloaded to my laptop, and then onto my i-pod.
I keep getting this message:

When I do as I'm asked to do and put in my Apple ID and password, then try to play the track, the same message keeps coming up again and again.
I've been on to Apple technical help and raised the issue, but there is a message on there saying that due to Covid19 they are struggling to meet demand etc. etc., and will get back to me whenever they can.
Just wondering if anybody has had similar issues. AFAIK, my i-tunes is the latest version available, has regularly been updated and all that. It's just strange that everything plays as normal, with the exception of track 1 on the 2 most recently bought albums. I won't be buying any more until this is sorted!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sounds like a technical problem. Never had anything like that. You could try deleting it and downloading again as all you purchases are held for you.
Good to know there is still at least one Gerry Raffery fan out there :laugh:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sounds like a technical problem. Never had anything like that. You could try deleting it and downloading again as all you purchases are held for you.
Good to know there is still at least one Gerry Raffery fan out there :laugh:
Which presumably would wipe all NON purchased music from i-tunes; i.e. my CD collection. Which isn't a problem if the files will copy from my i-pod, or from the Sony equivalent of i-tunes (Music centre for PC). Gerry Rafferty is a legend by the way! :smile:

DRM

Guru
Just delete the album & download again, all your music will be in iCloud if you use it, but it’s a new one on me not playing track one, it hasn’t updated has it?

steverob

Guru
Laptop is Windows or Mac?

Asking because I had a similar (but not exactly the same) problem on my Windows PC with some of my tracks recently claiming I wasn't authorised to play them, while 99% were fine and the solution was to delete some files within an iTunes folder (not the tracks themselves). But if you're on a Mac then my advice might not be as useful.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Laptop is Windows or Mac?

Asking because I had a similar (but not exactly the same) problem on my Windows PC with some of my tracks recently claiming I wasn't authorised to play them, while 99% were fine and the solution was to delete some files within an iTunes folder (not the tracks themselves). But if you're on a Mac then my advice might not be as useful.
Interesting. My laptop is windows. What files did you have to delete? And how did you know :wacko:? I'm something of a technophobe!

steverob

Guru
Interesting. My laptop is windows. What files did you have to delete? And how did you know :wacko:? I'm something of a technophobe!
I work in IT Support so I deal with these sorts of problems all the time. Plus my Google-fu is legendary (I'm not kidding - a number of my colleagues come to me to ask how I can find search results that they can't seem to, despite them doing the same job as me).

Try this and see how you get on: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203160#scinfo

DRM

Guru
Ah I never thought about a Windows machine, I must be honest going back a long time back iTunes was awful on an XP o.s laptop,(you can see I mean a while ago) but on a mac it’s perfect, conspiracy theory time, I think it’s deliberate on apple’s part

Top Bottom