Any idea what these scissors are designed for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A nurse on the ward gave them to MrsD.
They are obviously designed for something specific.
BTW......they are great for nasal hair.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DIY vasectomy? 🤔

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
As a nurse, I can confirm that those scissors are for cutting things, but that particular model are what nurses describe as 'cheap and 5hitty and good for nothing' That is why we all buy our own scissors and put our names on them with a scabby bit of filthy micropore breaching every infection control measure that has ever been devised. Happy to help.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've seen some wound dressing packs which come with their own small pair of scissors, usually with a bright yellow plastic handle.

A nurse told me they were sharp for two or three cuts, but soon lost their edge, which made them fine for their intended 'once only' use.

i believe such scissors or similar are sometimes used for certain pursuits in a non medical setting.

Faratid

Dental stitch scissors.
Rather worrying that all the people here claiming to be nurses or whatever don't recognise them. Still, you gotta have a laugh eh?

Last edited:

Faratid

A nurse on the ward gave them to MrsD.
They are obviously designed for something specific.
BTW......they are great for nasal hair.
View attachment 587158
Looking forward to hearing why MrsD was issued with them. I am no longer involved with medico-legal processes, so this is purely of academic interest.

Last edited:

Faratid

As a nurse, I can confirm that those scissors are for cutting things, but that particular model are what nurses describe as 'cheap and 5hitty and good for nothing' That is why we all buy our own scissors and put our names on them with a scabby bit of filthy micropore breaching every infection control measure that has ever been devised. Happy to help.
After 32 years in the NHS I don't recall a single nurse who purchased and used their own scissors. Still, you gotta have a laugh eh?

Top Bottom